Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Object-Based Reduction for SAP Utilities

MikeDumas
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Colleagues,

We are testing a project containing Object-Based Reduction for SAP Utilities and Object-Based Reduction for SAP CRM for Utilities.

The CRM migration package has a step named “Specify TDMS Package for SAP ERP to Retrieve Migration Parameters” where the instructions say you can specify the Migration Package ID for a completed TDMS package for SAP ERP.

Within the same project we have an ERP migration package which has passed that step, yet the step in the CRM migration package returns the message “No TDMS package for SAP ERP has been implemented so far”.

I can think of a few possibilities:

1.   1.  It doesn’t work and never has.

2.   2.  There is a relationship that the documentation hasn’t fully explained, like I need to complete and close the ERP migration package before starting the CRM migration package, for example.

3.   3.  There is a data inconsistency in the control tables that only SAP can resolve.

I would appreciate if anyone has experience or heard of this situation.

Thanks,

Mike Dumas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

Let me tell you a bit about this activity before i ask you a few questions.

This activity useful mainly in scenarios where we want to run TDMS ISU and CRMU packages and expect them to be in sync w.r.t timeslice and BP's.

This activity serves the purpose of copying Data Slice date, BP's in addition to other migration related data, from the reference TDMS ISU package to the current TDMS package of CRM utilities.

1) Could you please tell me if you have specified the, TDMS IS utilities package number or the ERP package number?

2) If you have specified ISU, has the Data Transfer phase completed in the package?

3) If you have specified ERP package, has the system analysis phase completed in the package?

As mentioned in the instructions, you need to specify completed package number.

If the package is not completed, it expects atleast "Assignment of  Values to Selection Groups" activity to be completed in System Analysis phase. Otherwise this activity gives a message that there is no valid ERP package and ends in warning.

If you wanted to run CRMU in sync with ISU, then i request you to specify ISU package number instead of ERP package.

Please note that, if you want BP's to be copied from ISU package to CRMU package, then the data transfer phase should be completed in ISU package. Also, you need to execute the activity "Copy of Business Partner Information to the control System" in data transfer phase.

Get back to me if the issue is not resolved.

Best Regards,

Madhavi

MikeDumas
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Madhavi,

Thanks for your response.

1) Could you please tell me if you have specified the, TDMS IS utilities package number or the ERP package number?

We specified the  IS Utilities package and the CRM Utilities package in one Project. 

2) If you have specified ISU, has the Data Transfer phase completed in the package?

I first tried the CRM step "Specify TDMS Package for SAP ERP to Retrieve Mig. Parameters" before I had completed the IS Utilities step "Assignment of  Values to Selection Groups".  I then tried the step after completing "Assignment of  Values to Selection Groups", and again after the IS Utilities data transfer.  All completed with the same result. It's possible I caused a bad value to be set by starting the CRM step before the IS Utilities prerequisite step.

To be clear, you said "it expects atleast "Assignment of  Values to Selection Groups" activity to be completed in System Analysis phase".  That tells me it should work on the CRM package anytime after that step.

3) If you have specified ERP package, has the system analysis phase completed in the package?

Not an ERP package in this Project.

I understand we can specify the BP separately in ERP and CRM packages as part of .csv file, but I expect the Utilities packages to be more accurate.

Thanks again,

Mike

0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

I would like to look into the issue. Could you please raise a OSS message in CA-TDM-IS-CRM component.

Best Regards,

Madhavi

MikeDumas
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Madhavi,

I have opened a message with SAP.

The documentation says "You are required to specify the business objects and a data slice date or the migration package ID for SAP Utilities."

Does that mean TDMS will act the same for either choice in CRM if the values in each (BP and date) are identical?

Thanks,

Mike

MikeDumas
Participant
0 Kudos

SAP has responded with a new note, 1882657, which resolved the issue.

Thanks to Madhavi who provided the fix.

Mike

Answers (0)