cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP host agent & Old CCMS agent alert reporting mechanism

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

What are the major differences between old SAP CCMS agents (SAPCCMSR / SAPCCM4X ) & SAP host agent as in the new N/W releases.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Nibu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

SAP host agents installed automatically during the installation of all new SAP system instances or instances with SAP kernel 7.20 or higher. So you dont need to install it separately .

For more info , refer

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/ba/5e83bd129e4932a4a7726fcea01c4f/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Nibu.

But could you please tell me the diffrences in the functionality to communicate to CEN & also

about the advantages over old agents

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhinav,

You can check the note . This contains a zip file on agent installation strategy. Now a days they are integrating all the frameworks to a single place so that its easy

Note 1365123 - Installation of Diagnostics Agents

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jagadish ,

Thanks for the link ,could you please share any  URL / doc for  implementing CCMS with SAP HOST agent.

or  Does the old guide for  Monitoring Setup be used for implementing  the same, as i have to implement CCMS in my landscape & these host agent . Any help will

be appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhinav,

CCMS concepts use the old agent framework including RFCs,CCMS4X,CCMSPING and CCMSR agents for central system monitoring.

If you are using SAP SOlution Manager 7.1 , I would suggest that you go with Techinical MOnitoring which utilises the new agent framework that is SMD agents( Including host agents) along with Extractor framework in SAP SOlution Manager for the monitoring and alerting.

For this you can find all the documentation and demos in https://service.sap.com/rkt-solman

Let me know if you need more information.

Thanks,

Jagadish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi  Jagadish ,

We are having Solman  7.0 with EHP 1 , so i guess we need to go for old way for CCMS.

Earlier we had these CCMS agents ,CCMS4X,CCMSPING and CCMSR , which were recently replaced by SAP host agents. A new system to be added in monitoring so  wanted to know will still need to install these agent (  CCMS4X or CCMSPING or CCMSR ) or the host agent will do all here & if so , then how these agent & systems will be regidstered in CEN.

Please guide me for this

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhinav,

I dont think host agents replaces the functionality of CCMS. You can still use CCMS infrastructure.

Host agent replaces the saposcol and saposcol now a days is a subset of hostagents.

Moreover if you want to register the ccms agents to your CEN you can do it. The CEN system can be any system .. there is no restriction saying it should be a solman.

You will get many documents regarding host agent registration to CEN in google.

CCMS4x and CCMSR only will be used. CCMSPING is used to for availability and registed only in CEN system.

Let me know if you need more information.

Thanks,

Jagadish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhinav,

SAPHOSTAgent will monitor  SAP instance, if you have any host in your landscape where there is only DB running with no SAP instance then you have have to use SAPCCMSR for this host. In this case,

Before you start to use SAPCCMSR agent the ccms function of the host agent - SAPHostAgent has

to be disabled by adding parameter "ccms/enable_agent = 0" to its profile and then restarting SAPHostAgent using "saphostexec -restart". Since that the ccms function in the agent is not activated!

Note : Note 1491115 - OS monitors ST06n, OS07n do not display data in CEN system

BR,

Kaivalya Joshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for information. I have got the answers to my query.

Thanks for your help.

Answers (0)