cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BW 7.3 on HANA - All issues

0 Kudos

Can we create a repository to document all on going issues with BW  7.3 on HANA.  1) what are the primary issues to consider before migrating from BW 7.0 to SAP BW 7.3 on HANA 2) When you convert migrated DSO to HANA optimized DSO the transformations to CUBE fail. 3) Since Cube schema is no longer required in the new SAP BW 7.3 HANA do we migrate cubes at all except for querying purpose

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vivekbhoj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sainath,

Check 76 steps in a BW to HANA migration Workplan

http://www.insiderlearningnetwork.com/dr_berg/blog/2013/06/03/76_steps_in_a_bw_to_hana_migration_wor...

Check : http://help.sap.com/nw73bwhana/

Refer SAP Note: 1667731 - Rapid database migration of SAP NetWeaver BW to SAP HANA

It has a quick guide to follow as attachment and also talks about other relavant notes

and also refer SAP Note 1712334 which contains solutions to most of the issues that you might face after successful migration of your BW System to HANA.

Check this thread : http://scn.sap.com/thread/3322420

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

I need a help .

I need some document to study about mograte of SAP BI/BW 7.0 to SAP HANA.

I have checked ur link , SAP NetWeaver Business Warehouse 7.3, powered by SAP HANA – SAP Help Portal Page and found the title ..

End-to-End Implementation Roadmap for SAP NetWeaver BW, powered by SAP HANA

and tried to download the document its asking me to login , which i am not able to do that.

Can you please help me to do that.

Hope for your kind reply.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sainath,

Some known issues after migration are

BW 7.4 Issues after migration to HANA DB:

1. Delta handling issue after migrating BW 7.4 on Hana DB. (This will arise after upgrade, by converting a DSO as Hana optimised).

2. Error messages after executing the query , due to table configuration error, indexes, column store errors.

3. Creation of logical indexes will be failed

4. Inconsistencies will occur for master data info objects.

5. DB Connect as well as UD Connect for portal client supporting issues.

6. BI Content activation issues are also expected.

7. Gateway errors occurs for any external systems which is connected to BW 7.4 (need to maintain external system IP address).

8. And mostly we need to update the notes for issues such as reporting, dso activations, Open hub loading, master data reporting as well as authorizations.

Recommendations on HANA:

1. To upgrade with SAP BW 7.40 on Hana, we should use SAP HANA SP07(revision 70) as a minimum level.

2. Support Package 5 and above is highly recommended for migrating to SAP BW 7.4 on HANA as per previous issues faced in migration.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sravan,

I need a help .

I need some document to study about migrate of SAP BI/BW 7.0 to SAP HANA.

I have checked ur link , SAP NetWeaver Business Warehouse 7.3, powered by SAP HANA – SAP Help Portal Page and found the title ..

End-to-End Implementation Roadmap for SAP NetWeaver BW, powered by SAP HANA

and tried to download the document its asking me to login , which i am not able to do that.

Can you please help me to do that.

Hope for your kind reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

Please go through the below link.

Upgrade / Migration - General | SAP HANA

Thanks,

Sravan

0 Kudos

I am closing this thread. thank you

vivekbhoj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sainath,

If you want to close this thread then either you can mark your own reply or any other person's reply as correct.

Alternatively you can mark this question as Assumed Answered(you get this option at top where its written:  "This question is Not Answered"

Regards,

Vivek