cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery-Billing: change billing quantity,can't billing two time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

My customer has the requirement: DN must has muti-billing for one item. For example, PGI is 1000 qty at one item.  Then billing 900 qty the firstly time, Next they billing 100 at another time.

My configure: 1) billing relevance=K in item category; 2) copy control: Data VBRK/VBRP=007

Now I can billing the 900 qty, but I can't billing the 100 qty, because the billing status is C at the DN item.

Thanks your help!

Cindy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You also need to check

• whether "B"  is assigned to the field "Completion Rule" in item category setting. 
  • whether "+' is assigned to the field "Pos./neg. quantity" in VTFL

This is based on the assumption that in VF01 screen, before saving, you have clicked the tab Selection list and changed the quantity

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI G. Lakshmipathi,

thanks your reply.

I check all my configuration, All setting like your advice. but the issue is still open.

Firstly : VF01, I clicked the tab selection list and changed the quantity, the bill is ok.

Secondly ,VF01, I clicked the tab selection list. the message:Document 800000162 does not contain any items with open quantities. the DN billing status is C.

Wish get your help again, thanks

Cindy

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sir

I have one concern which I want to share with you. In my opinion Completion rule is only for contratcs and quotations as you can also check this in F1 help of this field in VOV8.

In my new client the go live was done in 2011 and from now on each and every sale order is being process because the consultant had chosed B in completion rule field for ZDTS item category which we use exclusively for sales orders. If we hae fully delivered or rejected the order still it is shown in open orders in VA05 or VA05N and also in document flow.

Now my concern is why he had used completion rule in all item categories used in sale order, debit note, credit note and sale return etc.

Now I have deleted the assignment and everything is working fine but what about 10 million sale orders created in last 3 years. How can I change their status to complete now?

If you want me to open new thread then let me know I will open new thread but since you adviced the OP to use completion rule in sale order so I was curious to ask you this.

Thank$

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Your requirement seems to me very strange why because we can use that Field for only Contracts not with for all doc types .Now coming to the issue is ,

What about 10 million sale orders created in last 3 years. How can I change their status to complete now?

Why your management napped at this Problem ?

Why they didnt find before this Issue in 3 years ? . It seems,this is very ridiculous as how they have processed without checking status of any document in last 3 years .Any way ,coming to the point is ,through MASS ,we dont have option to change the status and also can not maintain Reason for rejection and another thing is through VA05 or VA05N we dont have option also .I think,we need to manually maintain reason for rejection for each and every document .Its not at all good work .Just talk with ABAPer about this requirement ,is there any solution for this type of requirement or not .

My Idea is ,If we ( by ABAPer ) insert Field Reason for rejection in VA05 ->Edit-Mass change ,here ,then easily we can overcome this problem .

Note : Request you to please raise a new query why because all people would not face this kind of problem and also we can find this query in Google with any type of heading except this query raised heading .

Thanks,

Naren

kalyan_mokirala
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Moazzam,

The sales order as per my knowledge is in being processed status because Pos./neg. quantity in VTAA settings might be blank and it is not because of the item category settings (Having value B for the completion rule for item category). If you have value X for update document flow and + value for Pos./neg. quantity, in copy control settings and B value for completion rule then once order is delivered or rejected it will get completed status.

So Completion rule works in tandem with Pos./neg. quantity and update document flow of copy controls.

Completion rule has to be used in all item categories for the following reasons.

1. If you keep completion rule as blank document will always be open and 'N' number of documents can be created (for example if a quotation is having the completion rule as blank in such case there will not be any control for the orders created and as many orders required can be created for the quotation as document is open).

2. As discussed above it is also required for the updation of document flow.

3. Even for Inquiries also completion rule is required and should be 'A' as suggested by SAP for the standard item category is  AFN (Item deemed to be complete on first reference). Based on this completion rule document flow will in tandem.

For the 10 Million orders you cannot change the status. If you make any changes to the item category control details or copy control details That will be effective in the subsequently created documents and not on the documents created earlier. Probably you can archive the documents.

Check this and if you find any conclusion different form this let me know.

Hope this explains

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tilak and NArendra

Thanks for your comments. I have recently joined this company and they didnt check this in last 3 years and I was also surprised to see this. I dnt know why they didnt check this before and even they had SD consultant here before me and don't know what she did here

Anyways since now its highlighted and I have rectified it from 1st Jult 2013. SO I think I need nothing to do with old orders as my sales and finance department are following monthly closing strictly so I think we should take 1st July as cut of date.

Tilak my issue is in sale order. What you have explained is very much appriciated and I had also studied F1 help of that field which indicates clearly that this field is relevant for quotation and contract. In sale order item category there is no logic of using this field.

Thanks again for your comments and I am still waiting for Mr. Lakshami's remarks on this.

Thank$

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes completion rule will work for sale orders also.

How can I change their status to complete now?

Execute Report SDVBUK00 and schedule it in background since you have huge sale orders for status change.

G. Lakshmipathi

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sir

Thank you for your remarks but I am not able to understand how we can use this field in sale order? Why would a consultant will use this field in all item categories even in standards where he was not supposed to do any changes.

And the report you have shared is also not fulfilling my requirement.This is for orders in which there is different status in table and in overview but in my case it is same on both places.

I have googled the both and got nothing like that what you have suggested

http://www.saptechies.com/when-report-sdvbuk00-used/

http://www.stechno.net/sap-notes.html?view=sapnote&id=207875

Please take a look on these links and see if this report will work for me or not.

Thank$

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ivano_raimondi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Cindy,

hopefully you have debugging capacity, please set a breakpoint at the begin of form VBUP-FKSTA_ERMITTELN in program LV50PFUP.

Then run report RVDELSTA in test mode for the affected delivery.

When system stops at breakpoint please continue step by step and check where VBUP-FKSTA is set 'C'. Let me know what you find.

Best regards,

Ivano.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ivano,

THanks you reply。

Now I know the reason. The VBAP-FKREL don't be set to K because I enhance the item categroy when SO add item. now I fixed the issue.

Cindy.