Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active GOS

anita_tleel
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi

Is there a table where I can see all the active objects that are using GOS?

I know some business objects are automatically active and some are activiated by the customer , so I need to know what is already active in our system?

Also when using it, the attachements are stored on the SAP server and we are in the process of setting it up to store them on an external server (IXOS) using transaction OAC3,. but when you try for example transaction me23n and go to the icon to create an attachement there are 2 options:

a. create attachment.

b. store business document

Is there a way that we can disable/deactiviate the create attachment part so that users are only able to use the store business document?

thank you

Anita

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

janosdezsi
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Anita,

to the first question. The publication of GOS always decided in application side. Each and every application have to take care of it's customizing on its own. There is no central control on it from GOS side.

I use two approaches to check with which business object was GOS published:

1) put a breakpoint on SUSR_USER_LOGONDATA_GET (this is the FM which will check the Dialog status of the current user). Now the publication of GOS happens either in function module SWU_OBJECT_PUBLISH or class CL_GOS_MANAGER. There you can check the parameters for the business object and the ID of the BO.

2) perform an SQL trace in ST05 and check with which business object(s) were the queries performed on the table TOA01 for example.

Now to the other question:

Please check this two note:

- 904711 -  SAPoffice: Where are documents physically stored?

- 530792 - Storing documents in the generic object services

So attachmets can be stored in the ArchiveLink (Store business document function, or other scenarios) or as a standard SAPOffice attachment.

For ArchiveLink please check http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/4c/e67ac57e173ec6e10000000a42189b/content.htm?frameset=...

And the note 1043676 gives help on migrating ArchiveLink documents.

But now the tricky part. Because ArchiveLink and SAPOffice uses KPro CMS to communicate with a content repository, both can store documents in a database table of the application server or on an external (http) content server. So it depends on how the content repo is configured in OAC0. (For standard attachments consider the SKPR08 and OACT settings, for ArchiveLink the OAC3.)

You can disable the Create attachement service in the transaction SGOS for all users systemwide. Put the service PCATTA_CREA into inactive or invisible. Or check the BAdI GOS_SRV_SELECT with which you can excude the servicw with a specific condition as per your requirement. (There is an example code in the documentation in SE18).

I hope these will help.

Best regards,

Janos