cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with a communication channel on SQL Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a problrm with one of oput communication channels. I see an error on the communication Channel at 5:30 PM when trying to retrive message from SQL Server DB. I see a failure message in the log. After 5 mins I see there is a success on the communication channel. Can someone take a look at the log and tell me if this message has been successful or not? Also can you please tell me what caused the error.

Thanks

Following is the log

-

<b>2007-03-05 05:30:26</b> Success Message successfully received by messaging system. Profile: XI URL: http://XXXX.com:8140/MessagingSystem/receive/ (User): XXXXXXX

<b>2007-03-05 05:30:26</b> Success Using connection JDBC_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System. Trying to put the message into the receive queue.

<b>

2007-03-05 05:30:26</b> Success Message successfully put into the queue.

<b>2007-03-05 05:30:26 </b>Success The message was successfully retrieved from the receive queue.

<b>2007-03-05 05:30:26</b> Success The message status set to DLNG.

<b>2007-03-05 05:30:26</b> Success Delivering to channel: XXXXX

2007-03-05 05:30:26 Success Receiver JDBC adapter: processing started; QoS required: ExactlyOnce

<b>2007-03-05 05:30:26 </b>Success JDBC adapter receiver channel xx_xxxx_xxxxx_JDBC_In_Error: processing started; party , service xx_xxxx_xxxx_P

<b>2007-03-05 05:30:26</b> <i>Error Unable to execute statement for table or stored procedure. 'Sap_Purchase_Error' (Structure 'SQLStatement') due to java.sql.SQLException: [Microsoft][SQLServer 2000 Driver for JDBC]There is no process to read data written to a pipe.</i>

<b>2007-03-05 05:30:26 </b><i>Error Exception caught by adapter framework: Error processing request in sax parser: Error when executing statement for table/stored proc. 'Sap_Purchase_Error' (structure 'SQLStatement'): java.sql.SQLException: [Microsoft][SQLServer 2000 Driver for JDBC]There is no process to read data written to a pipe.</i>

<b>2007-03-05 05:30:26 </b><i>Error Delivery of the message to the application using connection JDBC_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System failed, due to: com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.RecoverableException: Error processing request in sax parser: Error when executing statement for table/stored proc. 'Sap_Purchase_Error' (structure 'SQLStatement'): java.sql.SQLException: [Microsoft][SQLServer 2000 Driver for JDBC]There is no process to read data written to a pipe..</i>

2007-03-05 05:30:26 Success The asynchronous message was successfully scheduled to be delivered at Mon Mar 05 05:35:26 CST 2007.

2007-03-05 05:30:26 <b>Success The message status set to WAIT</b>.

2007-03-05 05:35:26 Success Retrying to deliver message to the application. Retry: 1

2007-03-05 05:35:26 Success The message was successfully retrieved from the receive queue.

2007-03-05 05:35:26 Success The message status set to DLNG.

2007-03-05 05:35:26 Success Delivering to channel: xx_xxx_xxxx_xxxx_In_Error

2007-03-05 05:35:26 Success Receiver JDBC adapter: processing started; QoS required: ExactlyOnce

2007-03-05 05:35:26 Success JDBC adapter receiver channel xx_xxx_xxxx_xxxx_In_Error: processing started; party , service xx_xxxx_xxxx_x

2007-03-05 05:35:27 Success Database request processed successfully

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

i thank you all for spending your valuable time answering my questions. Thanks again.

milan_10
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

could you please send us the message you are trying to send to MS SQL...?

Thanks,

Milan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yalamanchili,

<i>if this message has been successful or not?</i> - yes the msg is successfullly processed.

<i>Also can you please tell me what caused the error.</i> - i think that may be your conn of XI server to SQL Server was broken due to some network problem so SQL server was not able to read your input data from XI.

Thanks,

Rajeev Gupta

Message was edited by:

RAJEEV GUPTA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rajeev. SQL Server is not reading the message from XI. Its the other way around. Also how can I change the number of retries on the communication channel?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yalmanchili,

in J2EE visual admin, there is a parameter for number of retries of XI adapter...you can change this parameter for number of retries of XI adapters.....

Thanks,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

in visual admin and in communication channel you have the option of retry option.

Regards

Sreeram.G.Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sreeram,

I see a Additional Parameters section on the Communication Channel for SQL Server as the receiver.

"The Number of Retries of Database Transaction on Error" is set to 0 (Zero) and the "Transaction Isolation Level" - Default on XI

If you look at the log, there was a retry exactly after 5 minutes. Where do I see this 5 min interval on the Communication Channel for retry?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yalamanchili,

in J2EE visual admin, there is a parameter for number of retries of XI adapter... there is also a parameter for retry interval......all these are in XI only........these parameters have nothing to do with SQL server parameters.......

So in your XI server, in settings number of retries is 3 and retry interval is 5 minutes.

Thanks,

Rajeev Gupta

Message was edited by:

RAJEEV GUPTA

Former Member
0 Kudos

these retry are set in VisualAdminTool by default for any failure in our adapter before it gives out an error internally it tries for 5 times and then throws an error.

Regards

Sreeram.G.Reddy