cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to over-ride the hook method WDDOEXIT of a component controller?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is my requirement:      
     >     I have a portal screen with links (accessing to many applications).

>     The user is accessing an application, and he clicks on a link which actually navigates to another application. (PDC)

The navigation should not happen instantly, instead some more processing, like a pop up should be shown and based on further user action navigations should be carried out.

The only method that is called is WDDOEXIT. So i need to override this method.

Can i make use of wddostatechange( ). Please throw some light on this hook method as well.

Please let me know a work around solution.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

When u click on the portal click it will calls the webdynpro application of that view in that u have WDINIT method will trigger,u just enhance that method  write the logic for POPWINDOW in that we have to call the button like OK,CANCEL.if user press the CANCEL button then it will trigger ONACTIONCALL there u can throw error message lik 'U can't able to access this link'.If he press OK button proceed further displaying.

Regards,

Murali I

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi murali,

Thanks a lot for your response.

As i understand you are asking me to make changes in the target component right. For eg, WDDOINIT of the target view.

I am restricted to make changes in the current component, It was just an example to explain, the another application is called.

Actually, what ever the action that user performs which results in navigating away from the current application, the navigation has to stopped performed some operations and then proceed with further with the target chosen by the user.

Can you please share if i can make use of the hook method wddoapplicationstatechange( ). If so, how?

Thanks in advance,

Kunal

Former Member
0 Kudos

While enhancing the web dynpro you will get 3 methods. Pre, post and overwrite methods.

If you want to over write the existing method use 'overwrite'.