cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting Labour costs to an SD order

0 Kudos

Forgive my ignornace, as I'm a newbie here, but is it possible to post labour costs to an SD order?

Regards

Rich

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor

Not enough to give a suitable suggestion but I would say Yes you can as long as

• the item category is order related billing
  • condition record is maintained if the cost is fixed; else, go with manual condition type
  • this condition type is assigned to pricing procedure

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Richard,

Sales document item could be configured as a cost object, then you can post labor cost to one sales document item through KB21N.

Generally, this setting should be done by CO consultant, but it is under SPRO SD path also.

If a sales document use above requirement class, then this item can be posted actual cost.

With best regards

Jian

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

This is the scenario.

We are a very small service office < 10 people that does field and workshop work, we don't want to complicate things by using the CS module, we want to use SD as a simple Job Costing module, where the costs incurred on the order i.e. bought out materials, stock, labour and expenses are posted directly to the job where later in CO the profitsbility is calculated.

We know how to do the posting of the materials, stock and expenses, but not the labour.

Hope this helps.

Rich

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

As already stated, you have to update the total cost manually while processing the sales order

If you need to update the cost according to number of hours added based on the type of work center and activity performed, then this cannot be done at Sales order level. You have to use Service order

regards,

santosh