Did you mean: 

Fix Pegging & Partial Batch Qty question

andy_yeri
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We've the following requirement & I'm unable to figure how to go about it -

Sales Order reqt = 100 lbs

Batches available = 75 lbs each, 2 batches A & B (say)

When the SO is entered, via CTP & std SAP settings, the SO gets Fix Pegged to Batch A completely & only 25 lbs of Batch B gets used. Per std SAP, the 75 lbs now becomes available for "any other demand" for the material (say, a Dependent demand or another SO) to peg.

Requirement: we want to stop the remaining 75 lbs from staying available to ATP/Pegging to other demands. Once pegged, that batch or a partial qty of it should not stay as available to other demands.

The field "USE TOTAL STOCK" on the DEMAND tab (Pegging sub-tab) of the Product master seems to have been designed to facilitate the behavior we are seeking. However, it does not seem to work.

Any clues on what could be done differently?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

andy_yeri
Contributor
0 Kudos

I did some more digging around & found that apart from the Prod Master the "USE TOTAL STOCKS & USE TOTAL RECEIPTS" check boxes are available on the standard SAP's SAP_PP_CTP Heuristic as well. I've not tried yet to make these settings on a copy-created Custom Heuristic, but the question is how do the same settings @ 2 different places (Customizing on Heur & Prod Master) have an impact in the system? Any ideas?

Do I need to activate the "USE TOTAL STOCKS" setting in the Customizing & also on the Prod Master to get it working?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

I would suggest you to go thru the note 393437 which talks something similar  to your scenario. As per the note I believe if you  change the pegging strategy from FIFO to use Timely receipts  your scenario can be achieved.

Hope this gives you a Lead.

Regards,

Kiru