Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a easy way of combining the data from multiple EarlyWatch Alert (EWA) reports (Security section) for metrics reporting?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We plan to consolidate EWA (Early Watch Alert) reports from multiple SAP systems (100+) to achieve baseline SAP security metrics across the global landscape. The reports generally come out in Word or pdf format.

Is there a better way to tap into the data presented in the EWA report so to consolidate and analyse?

Are there better means than EWA to get a security baseline information from a large global landscape?

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, It is called "Security Configuration Validation". There is a whole wiki on it.

But it is something you need to set up. Comparable to a small project (there is an inst guide, but no inst wizard).

Cheers,

Julius

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To follow up with that, have a look here:  https://service.sap.com/changecontrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

@Billy and Julius, Thanks for your prompt replies.

Security Configuration Validation has a pre-requisite of a 'model' baseline system against which the configuration will be checked. In order to build this baseline, we need to assess how our systems are currently being used. I find EWA report as a very good source to begin with, but  it appears challenging to aggregate the data from multiple reports.

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I see EWA as a way for Basis leads to keep up on weekly stats for their systems; to meet your requirement I believe you are going to have to setup the validation in your solman.  IMHO SAP does this due to all business being different in how they run, each has to setup validations that meet their business requirements.

I would look at rsecnote and see how it works to get you started, this is the program that populates the security information in the EWA.