Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EWA

nelson_chamba2
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have Solman implemented and EWA is there, but I don´t have a clear understanding on how do I monitor my clients issues via EWA. I have one client connected to my solman and is there but still don´t understand it.

Can some one help me, share some docs, links, how-tos, etc.

Best regards,

Nelson Chamba\

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nelson

EWA is enhanced a lot in newer version which is SAP solution manager 7.1 Sp08 currently

Below is the enhancement

To enable SAP to identify potential problems, you can enable SAP Solution Manager to send business process data to SAP, not only technical data.

check the link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm71_sp08/helpdata/en/45/51fbdbd4941803e10000000a1553f7/frameset.htm

Solman 7.0 maintenance period is getting over soon at end of 2013 so I recommend to move on to new version and also there are lot more good features in another modules of solution manager addition to EWA

Hope this is helpful

Regards

Prakhar Saxena

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

EWA Procedure:

1. Complete the system preparation, basis configuration setup in solman_setup 

2) assign the correct Product for your satellite system -> SMSY

3) assign your satellite system created to logical component

4) Create a solution landscape and assign logical component

5) Activate SDCCN for solman and satellite

6) go managed system configuration to configure your satellite systems.

https://websmp208.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001873212008E

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-42919

Rg,

Karthik

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also to add on, your screenshot has the look of SolMan 7.01; did you go with the latest version?

If you are looking for EWA to tell you that you have a real time issue and you are being notified before the end users come across the issue, well you are going to be disappointed.  For that you have to rely on other tools.

EWA is a method that reports weekly on how the systems are performing, patch/service pack levels on your system(s) and what the current release on the service marketplace the day it is ran, it has the ability to do the same with your DB and can do the same function via DBA cockpit (I can only confirm MsSQL, other DBs mileage may vary), critical authorizations that have been assigned to user(s).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Following are the steps to configure EWA in a satellite system :

1)      Check whether latest versions of ST-A, ST-PI, ST-A/PI packages are installed in the managed/satellite system

(This check can be done going to system->status -> Component information display in any sap screen)

2)       If they are installed, run RTCCTOOL report from SE38 transaction code of satellite system.

Check the output of the report. If there are some errors or warnings in the output of the report, please take corrective actions and run the report again and ensure there are no errors

3)      Setup RFC connection between your satellite system and the solution manager system

An RFC connection can be made between 2 systems using Transaction code SM59

4)      Setup RFC connection between your solution manager and the SAP service market place

5)      Assign the solution monitoring roles to the users

6)      Setup your satellite system in a solution landscape of the solution manager(SMSY)

7)      Make sure SLD is configured and working fine for satellite system (using Rz70 and SLDCHECK transactions)

😎      Activation of SDCCN in satellite system (Goto SDCCN transaction. Then click on Utilities -> Activate)  then confirm for SDCC_OSS destination creation

In the resulted screen, select RFC destination and provide the solution manager RFC from the satellite system and set solution manager RFC as the master system.

10)   Addition of satellite system in solution manager system in SDCCN :

Goto SMSY transaction in solman system and then navigate to Environment -> Solution Manager Operations -> Adminstration SDCCN to add the new service data control centre to the solution manager.

Click on add system button to add the new SDCC to the solution manager. When prompted, please select the respective system and client from the resulting screen and confirm

11)   Early watch service session activation for satellite system:

In the solution manager system, execute transaction code solution_manager  and navigate to operations -> Earlywatch Alert and press create button. This prompts you to confirm the date and time to run the report. Please provide the details and confirm to trigger the generation of the report

12)   Login to satellite system, goto transaction code SDCCN and press create button which displays a screen to select a task to be executed. Select request session data task  and click continue. You will be prompted to enter the schedule time to run the report. Click now to execute it immediately. After that you can see an early watch session running in SDCCN.

13)   After completion of this session run successfully, an Earlywatch Alert will be generated and this can be viewed in Solution_manager of Solution manager system

This will help you

WR,

PHB