cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Triggering e-mail in the script

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am new to SAP CLM. I have some questions about the triggering notification e-mail to user. Can you please guide me on the following question.

1. I have an extension collection. I would like to send an e-mail to users when the user add new row to extension collection. Is it possible to trigger the e-mail to the user in the script? Can you give me the example code for the triggering email?
  2. I have an extension collection to collect the reviewers of the Project Document. I would like to have somethings like scheduled task to send the email to remind the reviewer in the extension collection. Is there any way to do this requirement?

Could you please guide me how to do the above requirement. Thank you in advance.

Thank you,

Noppong Jinbunluphol 

Edited : Got the answer of the 1st question from http://scn.sap.com/thread/2021829.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Noppong,

For the second Question, on sourcing 9 , you can create a Explicit script where you will write query to pull the collection of reviewers , get the reviewer emails ids and trigger the mail.

For scheduling the above activity , under schedule tasks you can then schedule to run the script according to your custom schedule on daily basis or so to remind the reviewers .

If you are not on sourcing 9 , then on Sourcing 7 , to schedule it and trigger mail you will be needing to deploy a custom jar and then schedule a IAPI task.

Hope it answers your queries.

Thanks

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your response,

Unfortunately, i am using CLM 7.0. Do you have any documents or blogs for developing the jar file for this requirement?

Noppong

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Noppong ,

No Noppong , I dont have any documents on the same . I did start that exercise but dropped it as it was decided to use Sourcing 9 for our client.

would tell u the steps which i was following or shall be followed.

Develop a custom jar in eclipse and then with help of basis team include that custom jar and rebuild war , ear and sca files .( for rebuidling etc config tool and JSPM might be used by Basis team )

Hope it helps you to start developing.

Thanks

Uday

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

RatneshSisodiy1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

need an urgent help. Can you please guide me how to fix this issue of sending e-mail.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3462251

Regards,

Ratnesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

which version of SAP Sourcing are you using?

As of version 9, there is a very simple way to do it (1 line of code). However, on older versions it's not that simple. On those versions, you should use the standard javax.mail API to send out those mails.

Kr,

Bram

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think, if you are using version 9, then notification IAPI can be used to trigger email notification.

It takes sender,recipients,mailtemplate,parameters etc as few parameters to pass on.

then you can append any reviewer you read from iterating from collections into recipient which basically string array of email ids.

Trigger it in explicitly called script. schedule with needed frequency to check.

Let me know if you want more in detail..if relevant..