cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filter by text entered text

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want functionality where an input field could execute a function which searches for the key entered right when the key is being entered without hitting any buttons, like in the "filter by txt" field on the home page of sdn. Any suggestions on which events could be used?

Regards,

Dhiraj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member213217
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dhiraj,

This is pretty much possible to realize in Web Dynpro. You need to do 2 things:

1) Associate a search help with the context attribute to which you are binding your input field. Lets say I have an input field on my screen wherein the user types in a, "Commodity Code" and I want the system to filter & suggest him matching commodity codes as he's typing into the field. I need to create a search help in SE11 which would take in a "Commodity code" as importing parameter and export back lets say, "commodity code & description". So the requirement is that as the user is keying in a commodity code the application would suggest him matching commodity codes and their descriptions.

2) Checkmark the, "suggestValues" property of the input field within the View layout. This signals to the framework that it should suggest possible values to the user as the user is keying in a value in the input field. Internally the framework exports the text that the user is typing to the search help that you had attached to the context attribute & shows the values that the search help exports back as possible suggestions.

Regards,

Uday

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhiraj,

Its now possible in WDA from NW7.02 & WDJ from NW7.30 as clearly specified by Uday!

Here is another link (from NW7.02) for the config needed for InputField and don't forget to check the DEMO_VALUE_SUGGEST demo WDA application for testing!

Thanks,

MS

former_member213217
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dhiraj,

I would also like to add that this "suggestValues" feature is only available from Netweaver 7.0 Enhancement Pack 2. You can get further information about this feature & the prerequisites by going through this link

Regards,

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhiraj,

I think this is not possible as input field has only one event associate with it i.e ONENTER.

So can achieve the above functionality when user enters some text and presses enter.

Regards,

Sanjeev Kotwal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

Thank you for your response to my query. Do you think if we need to achieve something like this what are the options or do you think that it is just not possible. Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhiraj,

In my opinion this is not possible in web dynpro abap. You can achieve the same functionality using HTML5 by creating a BSP application.

Regards,

Sanjeev Kotwal.