cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change SENDER in SOST

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Due to certain requirements, I need to change the sender data in SOST.

To throw some light on this, you can see below that there are some failed emails in SOST. The failure is due to the SENDER id problems. I want to reprocess these with a different sender (which is a background user).

Thus I would like to know that, is there any program/function-module to update the SENDER's name for these failed emails?

Thanks,

Avishek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

venkateswaran_k
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

1. Create one Background Program  -  ZRESEND.

SUBMIT rsconn01 USING selection-set 'INT' and return.

CALL function 'SO_DEQUEUE_UPDATE_LOCKS'.
                  * SUBMIT rsconn01 WITH mode   = 'INT'
                  *                 WITH output = 'X'*                     
              AND RETURN.

2. Execute this program as logged in as your Backgrund user.

I am not sure,,  but you can try this

Reards,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, but I am a basis guy . I will speak to the ABAPer who has deveroper rights and will try this. Thanks a tonn for your suggestion.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

farkathulla_cikkanther
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Avishek Raha,

Could you please let us know, what kind of mail is this?For example - If it is CCMS auto alert mail means then you can change it in RZ21 --> Method definitions --> CCMS_OnAlert_Email --> parameters. If your mails are comes under these common methods means then you can change. Please find as per yours. 

If these mails are send by other users then we cant change.

There might be some problems in mail configuration, please paste your failure log.

Regards,

Farkath C

Nibu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Avishek,

Instead of hiding this ,as a permanent fix can you try the same at authorization level, I mean don't give the unwanted users to see the other's SOST  info . I guess there are few objects like  S_OC_ROLE , try this way with the help of security guys if the above above said background program is not working .