Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change of Host name in ECC6 on Windows environment

dsk1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have done a clonning of my production to create a SAND BOX for the development project. At the time of clonning we did not change neither the SID, Host Name nor anything. We only changed the IP.

Can you pls let us know how to change the hostname for ECC6 with DB2 Database and Operating System as Windows 2008 R2.

As we find diificult logging since the production and SAND BOX looks one and the same.

Regards

DSK

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello DSK,

You are somewhat correct but in case of Windows … there are some additional steps like registry level changes. I am trying to summarize below.

1. Stop Complete SAP system along with SAP services i.e. SAPServiceSID.
  2. Make a note of profile file name and path using which SAP service is registered.
  3. Using command prompt, uninstall SAP service. This step will remove the Sap service entry from Windows services.
  4. Now rename the instance directory.  Rename profile files, Edit profile files and change instance number. Do not forget to change the message server port as well.
  5. Take backup of Windows registry and edit that. Find and replace the DVEBMGS<sysnr.> entry and change that value to new instance number. Make changes as much as possible and cross check the same. Even if you make any mistake no issues, as registry backup is already there.
  6. Using command prompt, Install SAP service. This step will create the Sap service entry in Windows services. While installing SapService make sure, you are using correct path (noted in step 2 above) with correct instance number START profile.
  7. Start SAP System.

WR,

PHB

AtulKumarJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi DSK,

Please check

Note 8307 - Changing host name on R/3 host: What do you do?

Note 403708 - Changing an IP address

BR

Atul