cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Component Based Messaging Alert - No Alert Email!

0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have configured the Component Based Message Alerting as AS JAVA as per Michail's blog below

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2012/03/25/michals-pi-tips-component-based-m...

But I donot see any messages in the Alert Inbox or my Email Inbox. I checked the AlertConsumerJob, and in the logs it shows 0 alerts had been consumed and aggregated successfully..

Please Advice me how I can troubleshoot this.

Thanks,

Harsh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harsh,

could you please crosscheck if you have configured below correctly..

smtp server, user, password and host for the e-mail server which will be distributing alert e-mails.

You can configure it with the use of Netweaver admin: Configuration -> Infrastructure -> Java System Properties -> Services - Java Mail Client

if the settings are configured correctly then it should automaticall trigger alert.

Thanks and Regards,

Naveen.

0 Kudos

Hello Naveen,

Thank you for your quick reply. I have checked the Java Mail Client configuration. Everything looks good,How can I test if my java Mail client configuration is correct?. Can we test it through NWA?. Any other thoughts?.

Thanks,

Harsh

anurag_sinha3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi harsh,

I am facing same issue..

Could you please let me if it is solved .

Thanks ,

Anurag

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Har,

Make sure your alert rule is enabled:

Kind regards,

Dimitri

0 Kudos

Hi Dimitri,

Thanks for your quick response. The Alert Rule is already enabled in the Integration Directory.

Any other suggestions?.

Thanks,

Harsh

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harsh,

Did you trigger an error?

Also, did you assign an Integration Directory object to the alert rule? This is the erased line in my print screen above. In that example, I linked an Integrated Configuration object to it.

Please have a look at the extended tab in the alert rule. Especially the consumers part.

This is how my alert rule looks like:

Did you activate your rule? Please note that this is not the same as enabling it.

Kind regards,

Dimitri