cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

file to RFC using BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Im dooing a file to RFC scenario using BPM.I've three files at the source directory named source1.xml, source2.xml, source3.xml and in the comunication channel i've specified the file name as source*.xml.I've incorporated a delay of 20 sec between each file in the BPM using wait step.

My question is "when all the objects are activated,will all the files from source directory be picked up simultaniously?? If so how will they be processed during runtime(i mean simultaniously or with 20 sec of delay??)??"

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ramababu,

My question is "when all the objects are activated,will all the files from source directory be picked up simultaniously??

>> all will get picked up simultaniously .

If so how will they be processed during runtime(i mean simultaniously or with 20 sec of delay??)??"

>> it depends on the Intergatin server and in our BPM Engine if you used Exactly once or best effort.

if have used Exactly once in order(EOIO) then they one by one only.

Regards

Sreeram.G.Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rambabu,

<i>My question is "when all the objects are activated,will all the files from source directory be picked up simultaniously?? If so how will they be processed during runtime(i mean simultaniously or with 20 sec of delay??)??"</i> - your three files will be picked simultaneously......if you want a delay of 20 sec between file getting picked, then you will have to ensure that when the source files are put in source folder, this 20 sec delay is present in the time of putting of these source files in source folder and you will have to put a poll interval of 5 sec in file comm channel.......

Thanks,

Rajeev Gupta

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

They will be picked simulataneously.

1. If you want them to be processed Sequentially after they are picked Simulataneously, make the Quality of Service in the Sende File adapter as EOIO ( Exactly Once in Order ). For the field QueueName give any name you want. Now the files will be processed Sequentially.

2. Also, in the sender file adapter "Processing Sequence" you can select By Date or By Name as per requirement.

Regards

Bhavesh

0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

How are you? I am new in SAP and in this SAP Community.

I am learning a lot with you and your guays. Thanks.

I have the following scenario:

I have a BPM, which enter files from FTP.

Upon arrival, you receive an Asynchronous Receive and pass directly to a mapping.
After this mapping, I have a synchronous call to an RFC, and after the BPM continuous flow. My question is, I need that messages are processed from the beginning of BPM (
sequentially) in the order in which they have come to the FTP.

In my sender CC I have as Quality of Service Exactly One in Order, and the name of my outbound queue XBQO.

Thus, messages arrive in the order sent to the FTP and the beginning of BPM, but when the BPM are processed, processed out of order.

I tried to make the RFC is asynchronous to add my queue XBQO in EOIO, but I get errors in the Receiver, as I said there. In addition, the RFC should be synchronous.

I tried to put at the end of a commit and wait RFC to allow time between messages and does nothing.

Please can you help me solve this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Tunga.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes....all files are picked simultaneously.Delay is in micro seconds.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi shekar,

Ur answer is helpful.Thank u very much.I've one more doubt.

Inside the BPMWill all the three run parallel or with a delay of 20sec?? and if they are processed with 20sec delay......is there any way to make them run parallel??

Thanks in Advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rambabu,

<i>Inside the BPMWill all the three run parallel or with a delay of 20sec??</i> - they will picked simultaneously......so they will be processed parallelly.....

<i>and if they are processed with 20sec delay......is there any way to make them run parallel??</i> - they will run parallely....if you want 20 sec delay, then see my above posting.........

Thanks,

Rajeev Gupta

Message was edited by:

RAJEEV GUPTA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rambabu,

yes, the files will be picked almost simultaniously!

(In deed nothing in IT is really simultaniously, there is a delay you will not recognize)

Regards Mario

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mario,

><i>(In deed nothing in IT is really simultaniously, there is a delay you will not recognize)</i>

True but it would be nano seconds!

Regards

Bhavesh