cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Netweaver Gateway Licensing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Colleagues

We are trying to position SAP Fiori at a customer who is already licensed for  SAP Business Suite. We were informed that SAP Netweaver Gateway is free for licensed SAP Business Suite customers? Is this correct? If yes, do these customers just go and download the software from the SAP Service Market Place with their S User or do they need to follow a specific process?

Any information or guidance will be appreciated.

Regards

Nishan Naicker

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nishan,

I believe is correct regarding licencing. So long as the user is already licensed for the backend system there is not extra cost.

Yes you can download the NW Gateway Add-On from the SAP Service Marketplace (SMP). You will find it here:

I also suggest you take a look at the help and installation guide here: http://help.sap.com/nwgateway

to choose the right deployment option (e.g. Hub or Embedded)

If you are already on NW 7.4 ... then you get it by default and there is no additional install.

Hth,
Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you

jerome_lim
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

If we only use NW gateway , without Fiori, and customers are already licensed SAP Business Suite customers ?

Do we need to purchase the gateway license ? we are using NW 731.

thanks for your answer.

kr

Ben.J.

Former Member
0 Kudos

NO

jerome_lim
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

license no need  in our case ?

alright, thank you !

kr

Ben.J.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

GS
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Can you tell me how the Netweaver licensing will work in case if my customer is not using SAP Business Suite (bcause he is a sybase old customer who only uses SAP Sybase ASE product) but we would want to project DBA Cockpit (so NW as a platform) as monitoring/alerting solution for this customer? What will be the licensing model and cost for this customer?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not sure. Maybe can clarify this for you.

martin_bachmann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

in general there are three licensing options:

1) if you already have Business Suite users then GW is part of this license

2) if you need users for e.g. a new group who have no SAP licenses you can use the SAP GW User license (we have a 'productivity accelerator' version of the license that can be used together with e.g. Duet Enterprise or the Productivity Accelerator Apps).

3) if you have a scenario where you do not need names users (anonymous access, ...) the GW Consumer Access License is required (metered by service calls).

store.sap.com -> search for Gateway. Here are the details on the both elements.

jerome_lim
Participant
0 Kudos

thanks Martin !

kr

Ben.J.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Happy to see that the Netweaver Gateway is included in the SAP Business Suite license . Nevertheless, this  is not mentionned in the SAP Price List .  Rgds, IB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have business suite and want to implement fiori. About the license for Netweaver Gateway, i'm aware it's included, but if i want to install it as a standalone Netweaver, could be any restriction with the database license? in this case Oracle?

thanks for your help.

former_member190579
Discoverer
0 Kudos

thanks Martin!

your summary saved a lot of times and nerves for me 🙂

best regards

Jochen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin, useful info.

We have a customer that would like to save on 'Dialog' user licenses after implementing Fiori. With Fiori installed, some of them will no longer need SAP GUI access, so they can technically downgrade their user types from 'Dialog' to 'Communication', which have a cheaper license cost.

Is this OK from SAP perspective?

Thank you!

Andre_Fischer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Alejandro,

the type of communication of a user must not be mixed up with the user licensing type.

If the user type is changed to communication only access via SAPGUI is prevented which is sometimes wished from a security perspective to limit communication to http.

Since the tasks of the users that they do perform does not change by simply using another type of UI I doubt that the same task can be performed with cheaper users.

Any discusssion like this one the customer would have to perform with the account executive.

Best Regards,

Andre

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can confirm it is free.

Regarding download I think it is the proces you describe but I did not download it my self so not sure.

BR Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot