cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI_PO_CREATE1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can someone tell me if the BAPI which is used for creating the PO in case of SRM 5.0 would be the new enjoy BAPI - BAPI_PO_CREATE1? or the old BAPI BAPI_PO_CREATE.

We are currently on SRM 3.0, SP11 and R/3 4.7B.

We will be upgrading to SRM 5.0.

Thanks,

Srivatsan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Ramki
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

For SRM50 and R/3 4.7 B, it is BAPI_PO_CREATE1.

So, when you upgrade you will be using BAPI_PO_CREATE1

Best regards

Ramki

mani_sreedharala
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I think what Atul is said is valid...the usage of the bapi "BAPI_PO_CREATE1 " depends on the parameter that was set in the BADI implementation BBP_CREATE_PO_BACK in the method FILL_PO_CREATE1_INTERFACE and it is specific for Country-specific processing.

So , I will say that in general the BAPI "BAPI_PO_CREATE" will be used for creating the PO's in the BE and the BAPI "BAPI_PO_CREATE1" will be used while creating the PO's which were Country-specific processing.

Please let me know if I am wrong..

~Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mani,

I just got hold of the release notes for SRM 5.0.

What you have said is true for SRM 3.0 - by default BAPI_PO_CREATE is used and in case we intend to use BAPI_PO_CREATE1 we need to use the method FILL_PO_CREATE1_INTERFACE in BADI BBP_CREATE_PO_BACK for specific countries . Additionally we will need to implement BADI BBP_ICC_PO_MAP for the specific country (there are sample implementations for brazil and India).

If we need to call the new BAPI for any other condition we can do that in a copy of the driver FM and call it using BBP_DRIVER_DETERMINE.

But the release notes for SRM 5.0 say, that for SRM 5.0 and SAP 4.7 backend, by default the new BAPI's are called. We can switch to BBP_CREATE_BE_PO_NEW (new BADI replacement for BBP_CREATE_PO_BACK) with method FILL_PO_INTERFACE1 to change and map SC data for the new BAPI.

We can also continue to use the old BADI BBP_CREATE_PO_BACK.

I am still unsure and will have to wait to check it out. My main priority is to use the new BAPI in standard to resolve some intrastat issues which are managed currently (in SRM 3.0) in a non standard way.

Thanks,

Srivatsan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am sure that the new BAPI - <u>BAPI_PO_CREATE1</u> will resolve all your Intrastat issues.

Let me know incase you face any issues.

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Is the problem resolved.

Any updates !!

Meanwhile, i was browsing through OSS notes and i found one more OSS Note. Just want to share it for information. May be it might help later on.

<b>Note 593366 - BAdI in EnjoySAP of PO BAPIs in connection with SRM

Note 910636 - BAPI_PO_CREATE1: Error from account assignment check

Note 948264 - SC transfer: filling PO_ITEMS_ADD_DATA in BAPI_PO_CREATE

Note 789200 - BBP_BAPIMEPOITEM: New Fields in R/3 4.7 and Higher (This i have already told you earlier)</b>

Hope this will help.

Please reward suitable points, incase it suits your requirements.

Regards

- Atul

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<b>For certain countries, the function BAPI_PO_CREATE1 has to be

used to create the backend PO. This BAdI does the necessary

mapping to the BAPI structures:

Refer the OSS Note for detials.

Note 789200: BBP_BAPIMEPOITEM: New Fields in R/3 4.7 and Higher

[ BAPI structure as of R/3 4.7 has changed ]</b>

Hope this will help.

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<b>BAPI_PO_CREATE is by default used. It's mostly used.</b>

<u>Actually It depends on the SRM version and the R/3 version.</u>

<b>Incase you want to use BAPI_PO_CREATE1, then you need to implement the BADI - BBP_CREATE_PO_BACK_NEW in the SRM system (which is available in SRM 5.5 version or higher).</b>

<b>BAPI - BAPI_PO_CREATE1 is a Country-specific processing - new BAPI - and is called only when the flag lv_new_po_create is set to 'X'

inside the BBP_CREATE_PO_BACK BADI Implementation using SE19 Transaction.</b>

Hope this will help.

Regards

- Atul