cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch valuation at UD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using MICs with reference to batch characteristic. Whenever I do usage decition for an inspection lot, the values from the characteristics in the inspection lot are copied into the batch characteristics. This is working correct.

The problem is that I don't want the values to be updated in the batch directly, I want to update the values with the avarage of what the batch had previously and what was set in the inspection lot. I will try to explain with an example:

I have a batch with valuated characteristics, the batch is called TANK1 for material MATA. When I add more quantity into this batch TANK1, the system generates an inspection lot. When I do the usage decition, the ssytem overwrites the old values with the new ones but I want to get the average of both.

Does anyone know if this is possible in SAP standard? If not, does anyone know a user-exit/Badi to achieve this?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use Exit QMSP0002 transfer char results to class system

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not easy to do.

The easiest way to do what you want is to use a process order utilizing inspection points and an 03 inspection lot.

In the inspection point configuration of the identifier you specify to average the inspection points, you can specify up to 999 points I believe.

Each time an inspection point is updated, the batch will get the average of all the inspection points as specified by the config.

This would require you to keep the inspection lot and process order open for as long as you want to average the results.  If you close out the tank and clean it, you UD the inspection lot and create a new on.

Other than that, to use exits will require a significant development effort.

FF