Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penalty for submission of Travel Receipt Late

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have a scenario in Travel Managment as below

If a travel statement submission is not submitted on a timely basis (as per above, travel statements should be submitted within 7 days after completion of the travel and reach accounts dept after another 5 days), the employee is subject to the following penalties:

1. a. Submission after 21 days or 3 weeks from the completion of travel - a penalty of 10% of the reimbursement.
  2. b. Submission after 28 days or 4 weeks from the completion of travel - a penalty of 20% of the reimbursement.

c. Submission after 42 days or 6 weeks (from the completion of travel) – rejection of the travel statement

Can this be made Auto calculation in Travel or any Manual process available.

Thanks

Rgds

Sethu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajendran,

As per Anwar and Ankur told, this can't be achieve through SAP standard.

Take help of an ABAPER and tell him to implement your scenario in this BADI -- TRIP_WEB_CHECK.

Hope this will solve your problem.

Regards,

Narayana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajendran,

Did you get the solution?

Regards,

Narayana

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

as already stated numerous times, there is no standard process for what you require. TRIP_WEB_CHECK, as Narayana supposed, is a good approach to manipulate the reimbursement on certain terms. What I'd do conceptionally would be something like this:

1) Create Capping-Receipts (not sure how to express it in english), i.e. receipt types that always have negative amounts to counter other receipts.

2) Use BADI TRIP_WEB_CHECK Method USER_CHECK_RECEIPTS; somehow calculate the submission time and the overall reimbursement for the penalty amount and add a Capping-receipt with the amount of the penalty.

This way you keep it more transparent for the end user, i.e. he can see explicitely how much of the reimbursement has been capped.

Concerning the complete rejection of the expense claim, I would create an enhancement in FITE_VC_GENERAL_DATA in the ON_CHECK-Method that is executed before the FPM-Navigation and throw an error message.

Cheers, Lukas

Anwar20
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

There is no SAP standard  for the above  requirement . you need to do some custom development .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sethu,

I think it is a ridiculous requirement because the employee will lose on the money that they have already incurred on a business trip, if they submit their receipts late - not sure if they would appreciate this process.

Anyhow I am not here to comment on the requirement but it would definite require a custom development and quite a significant one too as mentioned by Anwar. Good luck

Thanks

Ankur