cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it okay to use standard transaction types in SolMan 7.1 ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it okay to use standard transaction types in SolMan 7.1 ?

Since 7.1 comes up with a lot of functional capabilities, is it okay to use standard t-types like SMIN, SMPR, SMPT, SRVR, SMTM e.t.c. What is the pros and cons of using standard t-types.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suraz,

SAP recommends you to copy the transaction type SMIN,... (incl. dependent customizing, such as

partner or text schema) into the customer naming space which must begin with Z or Y. This will ensure

that changes will not be overwritten in case of an upgrade

The recommended name for the copy is ZMIN, .... . This will prevent some additional customizing effort,

such as adaption of actions‟ schedule conditions.

Please check the Incident Management configuration in SMO for more details.

https://websmp103.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000514762011E.PDF

P- 22

Rg,

karthik

former_member209604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Karthik Paramasivam wrote:

Please check the Incident Management configuration in SMO for more details.

https://websmp103.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000514762011E.PDF

Just to let you know, the referenced configuration guide was mainly relevant until SAP Solution Manager 7.1 Support Stack 4 (leading component ST 710 SP04).
As of ST 710 SP05, the required configuration steps are included in SOLMAN_SETUP -> IT Service Management.

Nevertheless, the configuration guide still provides additional information

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member209604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suraz,

It's recommended to copy the relevant transaction type to your Z-name space.

Copying is very easy possible via SOLMAN_SETUP, IT Service Management, Step Perform Standard Configuration ->  Configure Manually

Activity: Copy Transaction Type

Regards,Ruediger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Ruediger. I am at SP 8 and was able to do it via SolMan set-up.

All looks good but when I switch from SMIN to ZMIN I get error "Category 101 does not exist" while creating incident. Trying to figure out where is the problem right now.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you manage resolve error Category 101 does not exist?as one of my colleague having the same issue even try with standard transaction SMIN

Please respond if you manage to resolve with solution/steps

thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

I created a outgoing email option and resolved this issue. I have pasted the link for more information.

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not really a con, most will just open up the URL to the work center; I know that solman_setup and solman_workcenter (sm_workcenter) will open your default browser.

What my team has done is obtained the URLs and we created short names on an IIS system to use names that we remember vs the long string that SolMan spits out when you navigate via a ABAP transaction.

IMHO its faster to flip up your browser and just navigate to your various work centers, and use SAP GUI for advance issues in SolMan, Snotes, SPAM, etc.