Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VC migration from 7.0 to 7.3

manjula_muniveerappa
Participant
0 Kudos

HI All,

We are trying to migrate from  VC 7.0 to 7.3. We have pretty complex application with multiple nested views and union. In 7.0 everything is working fine and we have multiple output signal which has a same name( with filter and with table) when I migrated to 7.3 using migration tool It changed  duplicate output signal name as “_name”  . When I try to deploy its say’s the “-name “Event name is not defined.”  Since we have Union with 18 ports. Not sure how to fix this issue.

Any suggestion on resloving this issue  will be very helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Manju

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member202465
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Manju,

In the more general point of view I think this document is very important for the options after migration: http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-3205  (I wasn't sure you are aware of the options other than migrating the models).

About this specific problem: I would start by trying to rename the Signal Out elements, see if it reduces the number of errors. Any using model or application should be revised accordingly.

*In 730 you can't have two ports of the same direction with the same name.

Thank you,

Udi

manjula_muniveerappa
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Ehud,

Thanks for the answer. we looked into all the options. At the moment we have done the runtime migration and slowly we want to migrate all the models to 7.3 and start enhancing. During the migration duplicate Signal out elements were renamed as "_original name" . I am not the original developer of this model and they have used the same signal out name in Condition, start event and in table out as show in the diagram. if I change the name if will impact all the places is that ok to have a different signal out name and still use the same Event as used in 7.0.

Can I use the different signal out name and use the same Event name In 7.0 we have not used Event and where as signal out name was sufficient but in 7.3 its not allowing us to have duplicate signal out name not sure what need to be done.

I am also attaching the migration report pls let me know your thoughts.

Thanks in advance,

Manju

former_member202465
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manju,

I'm glad to hear the doc was helpful. If I get this right, you want to rename Signal Out elements and not create regression. You happen to use event names that match the Signal Out names.

In general, in flows such as Form => Link => Signal Out, the execution "waits" for the written event to fire. this could happen for example on pressing a Button on the Form, where an Action is defined to have this event name. the Signal Out name is irrelevant in such cases, as far as I can see.

Where could the Signal Out name be important? I think wherever you use expressions in the model that include the Signal Out name. for example, accessing a field in the Signal Out element. Currently I don't see the use case, as there is no meaning in accessing a Signal Out field in an expression - when the Signal Out gets its data it's all over for this model, right? - so you might have none such expressions. If you do and you didn't revise them, don't worry: The compiler will refer you to them (Compile Error - Good!).

So to conclude I would suggest to try do the change, make sure you have a backup of the model. you could start with a new copy by Model => Save As.

Thanks,

Udi

manjula_muniveerappa
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have done the VC Runtime migration from 7.0 to 7.3 and it works fine. I have a made a modification to one of the Model and try to deploy from 7.0 to 7.3  and it works.

But when i try to trasnport from 7.3 Dev system to 7.3 Test system the application is not working. I followed the same steps as mentioned in the VC transport from 7.0 to 7.3 doc but no luck.

Steps I did:

1) Created a Tansport package from 7.3 Dev system by including all the objects .

2) exported and downloaded the .ept file.

3) Extracted par file from EPT folder.

4) imported portal transport in 7.3 Test system

5) Deployed Par file manually in 7.3 Test system.

but when i check the iview the code link shows blank and when i try to run the applicaiton it gives the blank page and in the log i see the following.

1. com.sap.guimachine.portalconnector.modelhandler.ModelObjectObjectFactory
    and classloader WCE_PRIVATE_CL_sap.com/com.sap.portal.appdesigner.contentcatalog@com.sap.engine.boot.loader.Resource...

[EXCEPTION]

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.sap.guimachine.portalconnector.modelhandler.ModelObjectObjectFactory

------------------------- Loader Info
    -------------------------

ClassLoader name:
    [WCE_PRIVATE_CL_sap.com/com.sap.portal.appdesigner.contentcatalog]

Loader hash code: 413d0950

Living status: alive

Direct parent loaders:

[sap.com/com.sap.portal.appdesigner.contentcatalog]

Resources:

/usr/sap/PT2/J04/j2ee/cluster/apps/sap.com/com.sap.portal.appdesigner.contentcatalog/servlet_jsp/com.sap.portal.appdesigner.contentcatalog/root/WEB-INF/private/lib/com.sap.portal.appdesigner.contentcatalog_core.jar

/usr/sap/PT2/J04/j2ee/cluster/apps/sap.com/com.sap.portal.appdesigner.contentcatalog/servlet_jsp/com.sap.portal.appdesigner.contentcatalog/work

/usr/sap/PT2/J04/j2ee/cluster/apps/sap.com/com.sap.portal.appdesigner.contentcatalog/servlet_jsp/com.sap.portal.appdesigner.contentcatalog/root/WEB-INF/private/classes

No result when trying to call
ObjectFactory through the Engine ResolverManager for
com.cop.SP2.PM_Metrics_Refining_PMR14 with object factory
com.sap.guimachine.portalconnector.modelhandler.ModelObjectObjectFactory

10:55_04/09/13_0003_45572550

[EXCEPTION]

java.lang.NullPointerException: while
trying to invoke the method
com.sapportals.htmlb.Component.setParent(com.sapportals.htmlb.Container) of a
null object loaded from local variable 'component'
at com.sapportals.htmlb.Container.addComponent(Container.java:48)

Exception
ID:10:55_04/09/13_0003_45572550

[EXCEPTION]

com.sapportals.portal.prt.component.PortalComponentException:
Error in service call of Portal Component

Application name :
com.sap.portal.appdesigner.framework

Component :
pcd:portal_content/com.sap.pct/admin.templates/iviews/editors/com.sap.portal.pcmEditor

Component class :
com.sap.portal.admin.propertyeditor.core_functionality.PCMEditor

Thank you for your feedback.

Manju

vijay_kumar49
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manjula,

There is some line in your model with mandatory event, but no event defined on it probably.

Just Click on the error "Event name is not defined" and the relevant line will be highlighted. Define event on it.

Regards,

Vijay Kalluri

manjula_muniveerappa
Participant
0 Kudos

HI VIjay,

Thaks for the response . I have done that but this will result in differnt singnal out name but same event name in 7.3 will that be an issue. In 7.0 i have used the same signal out name and no event name.

Pls let me know ..

Thanks,

Manju