cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Oracle provider for OLE DB" missing in the Data Link Properties

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I am a newbie and I am currently doing my first SAP NW Identity Management 7.2 installation. At the moment, I am at the phase where I need to do the initial configuration, but I am stuck at the first step of  Identity Center configuration wizard. The reason is that I am missing "Oracle provider for OLE DB" in the Data Link Properties. I know there are several discussions on the topic, which I went through and I did all the suggestions but none of them worked for me. What I have so far is :

1. Oracle database software installed - Oracle 11g R2 Database 64x
  2. JRE v6 update 34 - 64x
  3. Oracle client - Oracle 11g R2 Client 64x
  4. Environmental variables:
    • JAVA_HOME
    • PATH
    • CLASSPATH to the jdbc driver in the oracle client folder : ojdbc6.jar
  5. I have changed the Java options in the Identity Center Management Console to the java and jdbc driver specified above
  6. Windows Server 2008 R2 64x

I read that Oracle Provider for OLE DB is included as part of the Oracle installation, this is why I searched for ojdbc.jar files in both installation folders for the client(\oracle_client64x) and the database(\oracle). I found several ojdbc5.jar, ojdbc6.jar,ojdbc14.jar, etc. I started changing the path to each of these jdbc drivers in the the Java options in the Identity Center Management Console and testing to see if "Oracle provider for OLE DB" will appear in the Data Link Properties. Unfortunately, none of the steps above worked and now I am clueless how to solve this, so I really need help. I will really appreciate any advice or hint or a solution for my problem.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mariya,

You can also try using the 32 bit client.  That helps sometimes.  Not sure if it still helps with 7.2.

Matt

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

From the 7.2 Installation document:

Oracle client

The Oracle client must be installed and correctly configured on all servers connecting to the

Identity Center database. The client software is part of the Oracle database installation package.

Note:

If you are using Oracle as your database system, make sure to install the 32-bit version of the

Oracle client if you run a 32-bit Java Virtual Machine on Microsoft Windows. This will be the

case on the server running the Identity Center Management Console.

Oracle 11

For Oracle 11, the 32-bit client must be downloaded separately.

If you install the 32-bit and 64-bit client on the same server, remove the 32-bit client from

PATH.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Matt,

Thank you for your response. My first action was to install 32-bit client, as it was said in the guide. Unfortunately, I did not manage to see the correct provider in the data link properties, this is why I decided to remove the 32bit client as well as the 32bit JRE and replace them with their 64x bit equivelent. I will try installing the 32bit versions again and removing the client from the PATH and see what will happen.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member190695
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mariya,

You don't need to install anything for MS OLE DB Provider for Oracle, please check ODBC Data Source Administrator (odbcad32.exe). You should see the driver listed there as this comes with Windows by default. In you case you need the Oracle Client to use "Oracle Thin Driver". As Matt says please use 32 bit instead.

Regards,

Ridouan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ridouan,

How can I force my Oracle client to use this driver? Is it going to find it purely, by using the environmental variable? Maybe , I am doing this the wrong way?

former_member190695
Participant
0 Kudos

I am sure your issues are related to the fact that you are using a 64-bit JVM. Please use the 32-bit JDK equivalent  instead and your issue will disappeared.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Don't ever use the Microsoft connector for Oracle. It doesn't work.

If you get the Oracle client to install correctly it comes with a proper OLE DB connector, out of the box.

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Good point Ridouan! If you are using 32 bit Oracle, you need to use 32 bit Java (Check path and JAVA_HOME as well) Also make sure IDM is pointing to the correct Java in Tools / Options.

Matt

ChrisPS
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Mariya,

generally this issue derives from the Oracle client installation on the machine. I have seen somes issues running oracle client version 11.2.0.3 however 11.2.0.2 should work. Probably try uninstall client and reinstall and see if this helps.

Thanks,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Christopher,

Thank you very much for your help. I will try using 11.2.0.2 version , if Matt's solution does not work and see if this will help.

SherifEid
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Mariya,

I am getting the same issue "Oracle provider for OLE DB" is missing  in the Data Link Properties ,

kindly let me know the resolution.

best Regards,

Sherif

Former Member
0 Kudos

With the 11.2.0.3 Version of the oracle client there is an issue, that the installer does not register the OLE driver correctly in windows. There are patches to resolve this problem. Or you can run "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\regsvr32 <PathToOracleClientInstallFolder>\Client32\bin\OraOLEDB11.dll".

See also the Oracle forum.

SherifEid
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Raphael.

you are 100% correct , i resolved my issue by using oracle client 11.2.0.2

BR,