cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VA02 'TEXT' tab

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi gurus..

is ther any function module/BAPI to identify changes in the text tab sales order item level?

my requirement is to capture the changed line item,

please suggest..

Regards

Sudheer.M

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi sudheer,

Mostly changes are stored in tables CDHDR and CDPOS. Use function module CHANGE_DOCUMENTS_READ. pass appropriate values to fetch the changes in the text tab.

Regards,

SAQ MD.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi SAQ MD,

Used CHANGEDOCUMENT_READ, but it didn't fulfilled the requirement,

I am able to capture the changed record in the header level, i.e. if I change the quantity or i added new material. New or changed record will be captured in perform  change_document_create.

But I am not able to capture the changed record when I changes texts in TEXT tab.

Regards,

Sudheer.M

0 Kudos

Dear Sudheer,

In any business scenario the fields values which forms the basis for price, material, quantity be it header level or item level can be possible to capture the old and new values because these field will have log and also because of its length i.e Max 255 CHAR.

But in case of TEXT, which does not have any impact on the business based on the changes in TEXT that information is not recorded as changes as it does not have log be it header level or item level because of the field length i.e Max 4000 CHAR.

If at all you want to maintain some text information which is critical to your business need then Enhace the VBAP table and create a custom FIELD (BUT NOT TEXT EDITOR where length will be around 4000 CHAR) this will have change log. You can track the changes using CDHDR and CDPOS table.

In Summary, you cannot track the changes for TEXT.

Regards,

SAQ MD.