cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Third party adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are looking for a EDI adapter to work with PI 7.0 EHP-1 . SAP has launched the B2B add on early this year for EDI interfaces but unfortunately our version of PI does not support it.  Is seeburger adapter universally used for EDI interfaces with SAP ?  Can we do all the EDI mapping and conversion using this adapter and send it to the external vendor or partner?

Can you please suggest other options for EDI interfaces with SAP ?

Thanks,

Teresa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

What would be the licensing cost to get Seeburger adapter ?

Thanks,

Teresa

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Here is an interesting post on this as well

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1377431

Ambrish

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Teresa,

Why not considering the SAP's B2B add-on? Please have a look at the community http://scn.sap.com/community/b2b-integration/ and maybe you will be convinced

Also, the add-on is available as SAP PI 7.11, SP8. Please note that technical and functional acknowledgement will only be available as of SAP PI 7.3 SP7.

Off course, Seeburger is an option too, but using SAP products always guarantees 100% integration with your current SAP PI system and setup.

About the required license: I guess you need to discuss this with your local SAP sales people.

Kind regards,

Dimitri

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

S0003485845
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Teresa,

Seeburger provides its EDI-Adapters now for a long time. It is very flexible and used for any kind of EDI-Interface (Edifact, ANSI X12, Tradacoms, ...). It also is able to handle CSV or Flatfiles in the same way than EDI-data.

I am sure that you will be able to translate all of your data with the toolset.

It also provides multiple protocols for data exchange, like AS2, X400, VAN-Connections, SFTP... plus several AddOns. like "MessageTracking".

If you need any additional information on that, feel free to contact me and we can discuss further about your requirements.

Kind Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Martin. This is very interesting the OPI2 . I have never heard of this before and not seen my clients use this. Is this something new ?

Teresa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has been there for a while, have a look at . This link is also on the wiki I gave you, which can be used as an entry point to all relevant documentation

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Working on EDI integration always exciting and it is like a challeninging for PI consultant to learn /develop EDI integration..

In your case best option is using see burger, there are many documents available in SCN to know more about see burger integration approch.

good luck..search in scn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Raja.  Is using Seeburger adapter have more cost savings than using a VAN provider?

Teresa

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Depends...:)

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Teresa,

You can use seeburger adapter for your requirement.

Regards,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Naveen. I have no experience using it before compared to using file , idoc , jdbc, jms. Is it easy to Install and get started ?