cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QM ACTIVE field mandatory in material master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Material Type - plant wise, i need to make it as Inspection type - Active indicator as mandatory. the field selection group 100 is working, but how can i make this mandatory condition as plant - material type wise? Pl. can any one explain steps? another pblm is  all the fields under 100 field selection group also mandatory. but i want to make MARC-INSMK,MARC-QMATV these two fields only mandatory?.How can acheive?

fields in the field selection group 100:

MARC-INSMK Post to Inspection Stock

MARC-KZDKZ Documentation required indicator

MARC-PRFRQ Interval until next recurring inspection

MARC-QMATV Inspection Setup Exists for Material/Plant

Thanks., Meena

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi FF & MKD,

yes, Field MARC-QMATV is automatically set when user activate any inspection type. As per SOP HALB, ROH material should come under quality. but users Skip the inspection type activation step itself. so i am trying to avoid this pblm by making inspection set up as mandatory.

I tried in OMS9 - field selection group 100.  its working & want to

1.when extending Purchasing view - post to insection stock indicator is mandatory & its not allowing to save without extending QM with inspection set up - Here the pblm is Purchase dept authorized to extend purchase view only, after that QAD can extend QM view.

2. While extending QM view, system is not allowing to save without Following field,

a. Inspection Interval b . Documentation Required c. Inspection type activation d. Active indicator.

- here i dont want to make inspection interval & Documetation required as mandatory

3. Under field selection , i selected Mandatory conditions for ROH ,  HALB , MM01(tcode) - Required field. but this is working for FINS type also.

4. how can i make these changes as PLANT wise.

former_member42743
Active Contributor

Turning on MARC-QMATV will not make the inspection types mandatory even if you could turn it on. Have they considered using a template material to copy from?

You don't want to use the post to inspection stock in the purchasing view at all!  If you are using QM you want it to be driven by the 01 inspection types.  By setting this flag all you will do is wind up with stock in QI with no inspection lots.  It's only meant to be used when you don't use QM and only use material movements to move material in and out of QI. 

I would highly suggest you make Documentation required.  It's what creates your change documents.  I never understand why folks don't want this on.

Having inspection interval required really can't harm anything.  If you don't reinpsect the material, use 9999 in the field.  It's never used anyway unless you activate the 09 inspection type.  In which case I would think you would want values then.

Hard to help you with the FINS issue without seeing your system.  It sounds like you have the influencing functionality working so it just must be something wrong in the config.

If PLANT isn't available as an influencing field, than you can't.  (I haven't checked to see if it is).  We try stay uniform across plants.  You really shouldn't be setting up materials that differently from plant to plant.  You want everyone to follow the same business practices as much as possible and make it painful to deviate.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you checked in OMS9 for field group 100??

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can't. 

Field MARC-QMATV is automatically set when you activate any inspection type.  It is not a field that users can set.

The MARC-INSMK indicates that the material should be posted to QI stock. But this is only available if no inspection types are activated.  As soon as an inspection type is activated, (i.e. MARC-QMATV gets set), then MARC-INSMK is no longer available for setting and actually disappears from the screen.MARC-INSMK is only used when QM is not being used and you plan to use just direct material movements to move stock in and out of QI stock.

FF