Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Used DCs in Java DC-WebService

michael_voss2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello everybody!

We're currently encountering a problem with a web service in a Java development component. We created a POJO and created a new web service from this class that exposes some methods using some older NWDS (7.0.11 or so). The Java DC uses a Java Library DC which contains some jars we need. Used DCs were defined correctly (at least at that time), with build time dependencies. This worked fine, development went smooth and we were able to build, deploy and propagate along the NWDI systems. We did not touch the application for quite some time, but changed the NWDS version in between (now we're using 7.0.26).

Now we have to make some changes to the service, so I modified the Java coding in the Java DC. The build in NWDS works fine and I can deploy it, but for some reason I get a NoClassDefFoundException when calling any web service method that uses one of the classes inside the jar in the Java Library DC. Inspecting the resulting ear file, I found that the jars are no longer part of either the ear or the included archives. When inspecting an older ear from a track we did not touch, I found that the ear file contains the jars from used DCs.

Did anything change in the way NWDS creates ear files from java DCs that expose web services ? Do I have to change anything in the used DC relation or somewhere else ? Moving the web service into an J2EE DC is not an option right now.

Thanks

Michael

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you tried redeploying your DC with your external library DC , check your PPs type as well, since I also have faced this issue and redeploying solved the issue setting the assembly at runtime(check this as well).

Regards,

Asad

michael_voss2
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, we did that, even setting the dependency to runtime, but that did not work, too. Finally we created a new track with new development components in the new version of developer studio, copied the classes from the old ones and defined the web service again. We suspect that the old dcs were created using NWDS 6.40 and that influencing the results.

Thanks for your help!

Michael

Answers (0)