SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configure Business partner bank data in sap

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have received a new IBAN number from payment lot. I need to configure this customer bank information in sap. I did it using FI01, I have found IBAN rechner through which I am able to interpret the IBAN information.

All that I have is BIC code, an account number,BLZ. I could n't find SWIFT Code. Isn't SWIFT code important when a refund is booked?

Is there any way to find all the bank info. just from IBAN.

Is there any way in SAP Just to add IBAN instead of all this stuff.

Thanks in advance for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmi,

SWIFT\BIC is a 8 or 11 digit code and is used to identify banks worldwide and send money overseas. However, I don't think, it alone can be used to pinpoint a particular customer bank account no, as it does not not contain any information on the customer account no.

IBAN on the other hand is a code that identifies a bank account number and sort's code used when sending a payment to the member country of the EU.

Every country has a different set of IBAN codes. You can use the FM CONVERT_IBAN_2_BANK_ACCOUNT to retrieve the bank number, bank country, bank account no. by giving the IBAN# as input.

Also, if you use the above FM and develop an enhancement to retrieve the bank number, bank country, bank account no. from IBAN# and pass it in the respective fields in the customer master data in SAP.

Hope it helps..

Thanks,

Amlan

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmi,

SWIFT\BIC is a 8 or 11 digit code and is used to identify banks worldwide and send money overseas. However, I don't think, it alone can be used to pinpoint a particular customer bank account no, as it does not not contain any information on the customer account no.

IBAN on the other hand is a code that identifies a bank account number and sort's code used when sending a payment to the member country of the EU.

Every country has a different set of IBAN codes. You can use the FM CONVERT_IBAN_2_BANK_ACCOUNT to retrieve the bank number, bank country, bank account no. by giving the IBAN# as input.

Also, if you use the above FM and develop an enhancement to retrieve the bank number, bank country, bank account no. from IBAN# and pass it in the respective fields in the customer master data in SAP.

Hope it helps..

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Thanks Amlan, that's quite helpful.