cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data archival of PS project .

Former Member
0 Kudos

1)     

For Ps_Project there are many info sets provided. Which is most appropriate one to be used?

2)      Also when I execute my delete job even though if it’s successful Data is not deleted from PROJ and PRPS table is this normal or something is wrong here.

3)      What reports or T codes can be used to read data deleted archived data?  Report CJIN is not giving any idea. My understanding is only mark delete WBS are picked for this and before marking WBS with that flag we do ZERO clearing operation because of which WIP is cleared and so CJIN displays no data? Is this understanding correct if yes what reports/T codes are usually used to display archived data?

4)      We don’t have lifetime archival setting for PS_Project . Any idea how can I put duration count in this . For example only past 3 years data should only be archived.

5)      Is it necessary to run Pre Processing for this.. We have one option for marking deletion and flag deletion what is the role for that in write operation.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Rachel_Tang
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Gagan,

Just a tip, you can find more information for certain archiving object in transaction AOBJ. Like which program is for preprocessing, which is for write and so on.

Regards,

Rachel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gagan,

Preprocessing program is run for setting Deletion flag and Deletion Indicator on the objects, without which they cannot be archived using the write operation.

You said that data is not getting deleted from tables PROJ and PRPS, did you mean that data is not getting deleted at all from any of its related tables ?

Thanks,

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur thanks for your reply.

I am confused here . only those wbs are selected for archival for which lovem i.e delete flag is set. this flag is in PRPS and Proj table.

Business takes that task i.e which all WBS should be marked for deletion i.e. DLFL.

What is the role of Pre processing here??? is this like we are marking wbs codes should be deleted ?? giving no importance to what business has decided ?

Regarding your pt 2 : Data is not getting deleted from Proj and PRPS tables only. Is this default system behaviour

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gagan,

If the business is setting the Deletion Flag for you then also you need to set Deletion Indicator using the preprocessing operation then only you will be able to archive using the write program.

Did you use preprocessing operation before archiving last time?? If not then this could be the reason that the data is not deleted from table PRPS and PROJ.

Try to run preprocessing and then archive. I hope it works. Thanks.

Regards,

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ankur for your response , however I have a big question from your reply.

How do I selectively choose WBS which needs to be marked for deletion in Pre processing menu.

For eg I was of the opine that If WBS 2 , 3 & 7 are marked for deletion in PRPS LOVEM flag than only they will be archived by SARA.

Going as per your logic of pre processing how I Can seletively mark only 2 , 3 and 7 for deletion ?

Is it like taking prps dump where lovem flag is set and uploading those PROJ only in Pre processing menu ??

I hope I am able to explain my confusion.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gagan,

Yes you can find the related Projects in PRPS table itself. Field--> PRPS-PSPHI

Now if you run preprocessing on these projects then it will set deletion indicator on both WBS and Projects, then try the write operation.

Try to do test run first for both preprocessing and write operation so that you can have an idea from the spool about which all WBS and Projects will get archived.

Thanks,

Ankur