Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

edit problem in se16n

KMK
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I try to edit a table in  se16n. When I run &SAP_EDIT, I am still not able to change. I did it on SAP GUI  for Windows as well on Java GUI, but the result is the same!

On the same system, my colleague is using a JAVA GUI and he's able to edit the same table. The only difference is that he woks on a Linux post.

Can anyone help please?

Thank you,

Kamand

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sujit_sharma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kamand,

Have you checked that its not an authorization problem, when you try it right after that in another session execute T-code SU53. This will let you know if you are having any authorization issue. If there is any, get if fixed with the help of BASIS. SAP will only allow you to run &SAP_EDIT only when you have the authorization object S_DEVELOP in your user buffer with activity values 01, 02 for object type DEBUG.

Also you can see the thread below:

https://scn.sap.com/thread/1708973

Note: There are restrictions also on usage of SE16n by SAP.

Regards,

SUJIT

KMK
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

Yes , I have all the authorisations, beasied su53 shows it's ok. In debug mode it works but I would prefer using SAP_EDIT.

I have exactly the same authorisations as my colleague. &SAP_EDIT works for him on java GUI, but not for me on win gui or on java gui. I am wondering if it's a bug in se16n.

Thank you,

Kamand

KMK
Explorer
0 Kudos

My profiles is a copy of my colleague's. We are both BASIS people with sap_all profile.

When he logs on my PC, he's able to edit. We compared both profiles, roles. Everything seems to be identical.

In my authorizations, for S_DEVELOP, the value for auth field activity is *.

Kamand

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Kindly follow the link along with SAP Note

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1649213

Thanks

Sriram

KMK
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you but this is not the case for us. We are both working on the same table/system.

My colleague is able to edit it.

KMK
Explorer
0 Kudos

In fact you need to apply sap notes 1446530 and 146863 (pilot note) to get the functionality back.

BR,

Kamand

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You cannt edit &SAP_EDIT for all servers.you should activate &SAP_EDIT this .contact your SAP BASIS guys.

WR,

PHB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kamand,

The SE16N functionality has been changed.

In order to acivate the SE16N functionality, you have to execute the program RKSE16N_EDIT. This will activate / deactivate the SE16N functionality. The activation / deactivation flag along with date, time and user details who activated the funcationality can be then checked in SAP table SE16N_EDIT. Once the functioanlity is activated, you can use transaction SE16N. Remember to Put "&SAP_EDIT" in the enter field to actibvate "Maintain entries.

Hope this help.

Regards

Amitash

former_member215981
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

try you colleague's ID on yours to judge the direction(authoriztion or others)

Best Regards,

Yong Luo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try this,

Goto se16n , start debugger using /h , and pass

gd-sapedit = 'X' and gd-edit = 'X' .

Regards

Somu