Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ME 6.0 manufacturing-services and manufacturing-papiservices

former_member323997
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP ME 6.0 supports the customization from manufacturing-services and manufacturing-papiservices, I am a little confused what the differences between those two services, can you adivce which is the supported way from a future strategic point of view?

Thanks & regards,

Leon

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Leon,

Starting ME 6.0 you can create custom web-services by means of SDK to call PAPI methonds. It is unlikely manufacturing-services will be enhanced in future releases since now you can create your own web services to suit your needs.

Regards,
Alex.

former_member323997
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick response, Alex. Another question, does that mean manufacturing-services will be kepted but not enhanced for future release? Like in ME 6.1, do we still have the same functionalities from manufacturing-services?

Best regards,

Leon

0 Kudos

I think yes Leon,

As you can see even manufacturing-xml interface remains in future releases and I have never heard about plans to remove it since it is used by some customers.
In ME 6.1 manufacturing-services do exist.

Br, Alex.

tim_drury
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I'd like to confirm what Alex said.  manufacturing-services will likely not be enhanced, but will stay in ME for the foreseeable future.  All new web service work is being focused on manufacturing-papiservices.  In our internal, automated tests we use both.

Answers (0)