SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICA dunning: change date of issue

0 Kudos

Hello all,

I have a requirement where I want to be able to set the date of issue specifically for an individual dunning notice.

Normally this would be determined by the setting in the proposal run.

I've looked through the events but didn't see a likely candidate.

Does anyone have a suggestion or prior experience with this requirement?

Kind regards,

Dieter

10 REPLIES 10

raviahuja
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dieter,

Can you explain giving an example about your requirement. Do you want to change date of issue during Dunning Proposal run for a specific individual invoice?

Regards,

Ravi

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

It sounds more like a false premise.  What would be the need to change the issue date?  I would suspect in the end that some other requirement is behind this.

regards,

bill.

0 Kudos

The original requirement is this:

We want to be able to send the dunning notice along with the invoice.

I'm also looking at dunning in invoicing, but so far it does not meet my requirements. We are a social supplier so we have a series of other dunning activities that have to be executed in a timely fashion and in some cases we cannot wait until the next invoice.

The option I'm currently investigating is aligning the dunning process with invoicing. I would then execute the dunning run shortly before invoicing. Mostly, I can achieve this by setting the dunning frequency to the time between invoices (30 days).

However, this period is not always exactly 30 days. Therefore, it would be useful to change the date of issue for an individual notice  to ensure the dunning run gets executed before the invoice.

Any other suggestions are, of course, also welcome.

Kind regards,

Dieter

0 Kudos

Hi Dieter,

I haven't understood your requirement completely, it would be good if yo provide an example like you have dunning procedure 10, which comprises of 4 levels and what each level stands for ( notice, charge etc).

Now coming to your point you can run the dunning as part of invoicing if you make the following settings -

1) Update the table TE502 or you can follow the path for invoicing dunning

2)Secondly at the dunning level there is a field called set dunning level to '2' which means the level will be executed as part of invoicing.

thanks,

Vikram

0 Kudos

Hello Vikram,

I'll provide the example according to my situation:

Level 1: send notice (no charge)

Level 2: send second notice (no charge) and create 'case' (legal procedure to start placement of prepayment meter and/or disconnection procedure)

Level 3: final notice

Dunning in invoicing is not an option for me because the creation of the legal case is under rather strict timing requirements. Therefore, if for any reason the customer does not get his invoice in time (for example invoicing locks) we still want to execute the dunning activities within the time frame.

Kind regards,

Dieter

0 Kudos

Dieter:

I am confused why you need to change the date - or use invoicing.  In your description, your requirements do not lead to that conclusion.

Invoicing cannot call any activities - so the case creation cannot be done during invoicing.  Only the 1st or third can be done in invoicing.  And the timing concerns can only be enforced using FPVA.

Why does standard dunning not meet your needs?

regards,

bill.

0 Kudos

Hello William,

I have indeed ruled out dunning in invoicing as an option for the same reason you mentioned.

I am also sticking to the normal dunning process but want to align in it with the timing of the invoicing runs so we can send the notice along with the invoice.

We do all our invoicing during a 10-day period and the customers are divided into 10 portions. The 10 day period is the first 10 working days starting from the 15th of each month.

(Simplified) Example:

Normally there are 30 days between invoices. I would want to execute the dunning run shortly before creating the invoice, so let's say I set the days in arrears to 29 days for the first level and the dunning frequency also to 29 days for the 2nd level.

So, assuming the customer does not pay any of his invoices, the notice will be created on day 29. On day 30 we create the 2nd invoice and print it along with the notice we have temporarily set aside. So on day 58 we will create the 2nd notice and create the case. On day 60 we invoice and send invoice and notice.

This works, as long as there always are 30 days between two invoices.

But, let's say for the example above, we invoice on day 57 (the second invoice was created later due to weekends and holidays). In that case the invoice will be created before the dunning run.

0 Kudos

Have you considered using collection strategy and Business Rules Framework?  That approach is much more flexible in meeting needs like this.

0 Kudos

Hi Dieter,

I think your requirement can be mapped in SAP with a custom enhancement in event 300.

This event enables you to post-process the dunning proposal created in the dunning proposal run

Scenario

Initially, an invoice is raised on 1st July and the say the due date of the same is 29th of July.

So on 30th July it is over due and is eligible for dunning.

Now the second invoice is raised on 1st August and you want to sent the dunning notice along with the invoice.

Assuming my above scenario is correct, I would recommend you to make an enhancement in event 300, which will remove the particular contract account from the Dunning Proposal run until it finds a invoice that has been posted with a posting date same as the dunning issue date.

The pre-requisite would be you have to execute the invoicing run first and then execute the dunning.

So, on 30th July when dunning proposal will run, it wouldn't find any invoice posted for the date and would remove the account from dunning and it will continue to happen for 31st July as well.

Now on 1st August, when the dunning proposal will run, it would find an invoice which has been posted for the particular issue date and will go ahead with the dunning run to generate a notice which then can be collated with the invoice to be sent to the customer.

The drawback of this would be that the incremental change in the dunning level would solely depend on the invoicing run executed in the system rather than from the configuration.

Hope it helps...

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Thanks Amlan and William,

I'll give the event a try and also look into collection strategy.

Regards,

Dieter