Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WRITING FILE TO LOCAL SERVER

former_member1231563
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a file that needs to be written to the Local MII server.

But I am not getting how to mention the Path so that i can have that file written into my local server.

e.g. When i am trying to write it in the WEB folder its doing it successfully but when i give something like "C:\Temp" its giving error.

How can i write the file from MII into the C drive of the Local server.

One more thing,I just want to know where are all the transactions being stored in the Local MII server as .trx files.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Praveen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Praveen,

You could use the Write File action block to save any file to the local server. However there are few points to consider.

1. Give the URL as C:\Folder1\FileName(with extension).

2. Make sure you have access to the folder. Check Write File Action - How to pass User Credentials | SCN . Or you could just share the folder to <<Everyone>> and then use it.

3. By default MII points to its web directory. However you could change it in "System Properties" screen in MII Admin Menu. Delete MII in the Default File Path: field and make it blank. (Note:: This step is for MII 14.0 and above.).

However, even if you save the file in MII's Web folder, you would still be able to access it in the local system where Netweaver/MII is deployed . The path to the folder is

C:\usr\sap\N73<<server id>>\J00<<Instance Number>>\j2ee\cluster\apps\sap.com\xapps~xmii~ear\servlet_jsp\XMII\root\CM

You could also check::

About the other question, MII transactions are not saved in local server. They are saved in databases. Only Web content is stored in MII Server.

Regards

Tufale Ashai

former_member1231563
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Tufale,

Hope you are doing great.

Thanks a lot for your response!

I am using SAP MII 12.2.

When i give the path as "C:/abc/def.xml" i am getting an error "Access Denied".

I logged in to the server and checked that i had access to the folder.

I tried shared location as well but it gives an error like "Bad Username or Password".

I also tried to access the path which you have mentioned,where all WEB content is stored but there was no such path in my server.

I am still not able to find a way out.

Please help me out on this one.

Thanks,

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Praveen,

The MII server uses the SYSTEM user as the account.  Make sure that this account has access to the folder location. Refer the screen shot,

About the shared folder : You could try sharing it to every one.

Use the network path as : \\<<System Name>>\test\abc.xml

The Web path :: If you are running the workbench on the same system where MII/Netweaver is deployed, then the above path(in my previous reply) should work. Note that the server id (N73, N74, ..)and the instance number(J00,J01,J02...) would vary according to your installation.

Regards,

Tufale Ashai.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you get it to work?

former_member1231563
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tufale,

Yes, It worked by adding SAP 3 letter Service ID to the user Group.

Regards,

Praveen

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any Webserver won't save the files outside the associated webspace, This is a security concern and someone could replace your system files if it was allowed.

In order to use the network, the services should be started with a "named user", not under the local SYSTEM  account. Local account will NOT access the network. Same security concerns.

Your option is to save it under the webspace and then FTP it on a different location. The MII server can have a FTP service enabled which points to the desired location on the local harddrive, or it can even be located remote.

HariCS23
Contributor
0 Kudos

Praveen, You could also use network path (shared)  to write files in your server.                                     
Thanks
Hari

former_member1231563
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

Thanks for your resonse!

Hope you are doing good.

I tried shared location as well but it gives an error like "Bad Username or Password".

Please provide some valuable input to sort this one out.

Thanks,

Praveen.