Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message 'G/L account xxxxxx in tax code XX not found'

sudhakar_k6
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are getting an error message when trying to execute a T&E job in SM37 which is normally scheduled to post trips to FI (PRRW). The error message in the job log reads as 'G/L account xxxxxx in tax code XX not found'. The tax GL account is already assigned to the above mentioned tax code in the company code where this problem is occuring. We proposed a probable solution to the client to this issue in the form of OSS note 1739485, but they are not convinced with this OSS note. Kindly let me know the solution for this issue if you have faced similar issue.

Regards,

Sudhakar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhakar,

Note 1739485 doesn't really fix any error, it only narrows down the publication of the error message and changes the error message itself with a text that is better to understand than its prior one. Have you traced/debugged yet where the error message is thrown? This would be the fastest way to find out what goes wrong (empirically, I have yet seen this error only if the assignment between G/L-Account and Tax Code is wrong or not maintained at all...).

Cheers, Lukas

sudhakar_k6
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Lukas for your response.

We are trying to replicate this error in testing system, but with fail

The only information we have right now, is that the above mentioned error is encountered while the T&E posting job executes in SM37. This error message is there in the job log.

Hence our technical team is unable to debug unless we replicate this error.

Do you have any other idea to debug this error without waiting for replication of this scenario to happen? Please let me know.

Regards,

Sudhakar

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhakar,

if what Marssel suggested doesn't help either and you need to trace down the error without reproduction possibilities, here's what I would do:

First find out where the message 'G/L account xxxxxx in tax code XX not found' originates from, i.e.: If you got a message Number in the job log as well, go to SE91 and do a where-used on the message to get the points in the coding for a debugging approach. If there is no message number in the log, first search via SE11 Table T100 for Text with a string that is like the error message you get, for example "*G/L account*tax*". Then look whether you find your message here. If you do, go to SE91 again and do a where-used with the respective message number. If not, the message most likely originates from the local frame program; look there whether you can find the message string in the text-symbols, in constants or even in literals. If you find a respective text-symbol, do a where-used again etc. I think you got a grip

Bottom line you will find out the points in the code where the message is supposedly thrown due to a certain condition. Once knowing the condition you can further narrow down the root cause.

Cheers, Lukas

sudhakar_k6
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Lukas. You were right. We debugged using SE91

We were able to trace the function module which caused this error to be displayed.

Regards,

Sudhakar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Marssel700
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhakar,

Is your account already defined in your Chart of Account and Company Code? The customizing request could transport content without validation. You can check in tables SKA1 and SKB1.

You could also check

Note 1708462 - Transaction key chart of accts not defined in table F5118

Best Regards

sudhakar_k6
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Marssel, for your response.

Regards,

Sudhakar