Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP HANA Studio - system state cannot be determined

bhat_vaidya2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Whenever, I login to HANA studio,  I always get this error message that the system state cannot be determined. Although I can still use the system to create tables and attributes but I cannot activate my attribute and analytical views.

thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vivekbhoj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vaidya,

As i can see in your attachment,

your system is also not connected as the error says : "SAP control request failed : Connection refused"

Check your Username and password are correct.

This is the main reason why your are not able to activate your views

You can also try deleting your system once and then re-adding it

Even if your system says : "system state cannot be determined", you should be able to work and activate your views properly.

I myself has faced system state cannot be determined thing but i was able to do all my work including activation of views

In hana studio even after going to window preferences-> network connection ->active provider  and changing setting to direct system state thing doesn't go then may be try checking are you using the same HANA Studio version as your HANA DB server Version as i have seen this thing coming due to this conflict also

bhat_vaidya2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I can use the system, create and activate models without issues. I have tried to grant my SCHEMA  to SYS-REPO and change the network connection preference but the issue remains.

IF I delete my system. won't I my tables, packages and attribute views dissappear.

Can I ignore it or will it cause problem in the future.

thanks

Bhat

vivekbhoj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you delete your system and readd it then your data stays there only as data is stored in HANA Server

You can also ignore this error as i didn't face any problems when i had this error

Are you using SYSTEM user or your own user?

rindia
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhat,

Are there any multiple HANA systems? If yes then select your respective system.

You can do this by clicking SYSTEM in Quick launch.

Regards

Raj

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try the below solutions:

1. In HANA studio, change network connection-> active provider  change the setting to direct

2. Ensure you have updated the hosts file with HANA hostname. you will find the hosts file in the below path :

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

Regards,

Rashmi

rindia
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhat,

Could you please try the below statement in SQL Editor or console:

GRANT SELECT ON SCHEMA your_schema_name TO _SYS_REPO with GRANT OPTION;

If this does not work, let me know what are the privileges are assigned to your user.

Regards

Raj

AtulKumarJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vaidya,

In hana studio go to window prefrences network connection active provider  change the setting to manual/native

BR

Atul

bhat_vaidya2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I checked it and it was set as Native. I changed it to Manual and the result is the same.

thanks