cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IS OIL HM(Hydr)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Seniors,

I am basically a SAP SD consultant and presently working as a IS OIL HM consultant for the past 5 months.

I found the topics like TSW, Exchanges and Excise duty to be interesting.

With this regard I would like your valuable guidence on to whether to continue with this or move on to my core expertise, SAP SD.

I have certain prejudice on to continue with HM as I donot have a clear idea wherein I would stand after say 2 years time with HM as my core competence.

The main concern is the kind of salary I can expect with HM as my core competence after a period of time.

Expecting some valuable feedback.

Thanks/mfg,

Sheetal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member195032
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sheetal,

It is good to know some part of industry solution but I will always advice to stick to some bigger area and keep these rare skills as additional profile.

TSW is very small product if you see IS-OIL offering from SAP.If you look for some particular job in HM area,it will be tough for find matching with your profile but you look for core modules like SD,MM and FI/CO ,you will always find very good number of implementations all over.

Even if you look at IS-OIL,it will never be implemented in isolation,it will have MM and SD and FI/CO support all the processes.

Being SD consultant ,I will suggest to look at CRM area and try to captalize on the SD skills which seems to be your core competency.

I hope,this helps.

Regards,Nishant

Answers (0)