Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Right discussions for PLM

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts in the space / moderators,

I am SAP-Plant Maintenance professional.

I've started SCN operations in 2009 with my 1st post to PLM. Then one expert suggested me to post it in EAM. Then on I have been dealing with EAM only.

After these many years, when I am going through PLM space again, I wonder, the queries being dealt here are from the same topics as those of EAM.

I myself am not very clear about

What is it, that draws a line between these two spaces?

Is there any domain topic list which distinguishes these two spaces?

Any overlaps are there?

and

How to shift a query from one space to the other when needed?

I feel these answers would help educate members and to further streamline the domain database.

Regards

Jogeswara Rao K

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shifting a query from one space to another space requires Moderator Authority. Only the space specific moderators can shift the content to appropriate space.

My guess, initially, PM, QM might have also been covered under this same forum. Later stage, separate space might have been opened. But still many people don't have that awareness or because of their urgency, they may be posting in different space. Also new people for SCN can't understand the forum rules about exact space where they need to raise their thread.

Now PLM covers the process of R & D, Laboratory where new products will be developed & their life cycle activities.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/PLM/SAP+Product+Lifecycle+Management+(PLM)

In addition to above, total Product lifecycle includes Quality Management of that new product, Maintenance of those Laboratory Equipment, Material Master, Bill of Material for that Product, Project by which the R & D project can be handled, etc., It covers complete business processes of Procuring, R & D, Actual Production, Maintenance of Equipment, Quality Inspection for that Product, etc.,

So, it is not harm to open other topic related queries in this space, still we can use appropriate space to get more & better views.

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Maheswaran,

I liked your answer.

Also the list of domain topics appearing in the reply, seems to me the area of total overlap of these two spaces.

I feel, it is upto SCN to regulate such overlaps or merge spaces.

Regards

Jogeswara Rao K