Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete error in Sender file adapter

jakob_steen-petersen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I have this problem in the Sender file adapter: when processing small files there are no problem at all. But now i receive a file with the size of 150 MB.

This gives an "deleting after processing failed - retry." error?

My assumption is that the step "The application sent the message asynchronously using connection File_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System. Returning to application" because of the asynchron process mode somehow is locking the file?

Do anyone have a good idea of how to get over this problem?

As mentioned there are no problems with small files, so there are no access right problems at all (just to avoid these kind of replys 🙂 )

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Message size 150 MB is slightly on the larger side.  You might have to set tuning parameters in SXMB_MONI  like EO_MSG_SIZE_LIMIT  value greater than 150 MB.   This might help. Take help from BASIS. You might also consider option about chunk the large size message into smaller multiple files.

You might want to read this link

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/2016a0b1-1780-2b10-97bd-be3ac6221...

jakob_steen-petersen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

@all

1. It´s not FTP - just normal file reading...

2. The message sixe parameters are set allright to 300 MB size linit

3. The message size itself is no problem  - as i mentioned the file gets processed ok and the data is transfered trough the system.

The only problem is the deletion of the file after processing!

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

what is the poll interval of this channel ?

Also, can you explore Advanced mode ->Additional parameters -> Msecs to Wait before Modification check & Max File Size Option.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/Sender+File+Adapter+Frequently+Asked+Questions

Hope it helps!

Ambrish

Message was edited by: Ambrish Mishra

jakob_steen-petersen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

The poll interval is 900 secs. "Msecs to wait..." has been set, but the problem is not regarding that.

The file is creating an message allright and the message is passed to the backend system. The only problem is the missing delete part (because 900 secs later the system will read the same file again).

sunil_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jakob,

Could you check your FTP log (not file adapter)? It could give you some insight what is happening behind the scene.

Thanks,

Sunil Singh

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jakob,

Which PI version are you on? Are you doing FCC? If yes, You might try Recordset per message option

As Baskar mentioned, 150 MB is on the higher side.

It may possibly take more than 15 mins when adapter polls again. You need tuning. Also explore the option if the source system is open to sending data in smaller chunks rather than 150 MBs.

Hope it helps!

Ambrish