SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi:

We are in the middle of go live.. Having around 8000 PR .. These includes service, assets and Material PRs, have budget linked to them. We using a BAPI made program to upload these data in production. In numerous cases we are getting error

Error in Function

Error in commitment check

This is all we get when trying to create PRs via BAPI for many PRs, however when the same thing is raised manually , system issues no error message.. Please guide me. Important thing is system consumes it number range but does not generate any PR..

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sjajodia
Contributor
0 Kudos

Atif,

I am assuming you are using BAPI_Requisition_create. This BAPI produces the error in multiline reqs when budget is exceeded but gives no information as to the line item causing the error. You will need to use a breakpoint to determine whether the error is legitimate.

Thanks

Shyam

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

sjajodia
Contributor
0 Kudos

Atif,

I am assuming you are using BAPI_Requisition_create. This BAPI produces the error in multiline reqs when budget is exceeded but gives no information as to the line item causing the error. You will need to use a breakpoint to determine whether the error is legitimate.

Thanks

Shyam

0 Kudos

You are right . A PR having multiple line items ...Mat A in line item 1 derives a legitimate commitment item for which budget is available in fund center however when in the same PR containing another line item having a material which should not have been assigned to this fund center derives a wrong commitment item for which there is no budget in fund center, system issues error in commitment check instead of issuing AVC error.