Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Orders or Invoice Qty KF Upload from ECC-->APODP

former_member1230066
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Friends ,

I need advice on the best method to be adopted to extract the KF Sales Orders or Invoice Qy from ECC for APO DP .

Following Path is available to me :

(a) Import KF from ECC to BW to APO BW to APO DP OR

(b) Import KF directly from ECC to APO BW to APO DP .

I personally feel (a) is a better option as the reporting would be carried out through BW .

Would also request the methodology/ configuration to be carried out in fixing this path of extracting the data from ECC to BW/APOBW to APO DP .

Presently I am doing this through excel upload but I want to link the systems so that automatic flow of data can take place .

Thanks and Regards ,

Prashant Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

The best way I would say is to just load the APO-BW from your ECC or OLTP system.

Here is the link that help you. Follow these steps:

1. <a href="http://help.sap.com/bp_pharmav1470/Pharma_DE/Pharma_DE/HTML/SCM/S11_Scen_EN_DE.htm">Click here</a> for the SNP scenario documentation.

2. Click on "DPL: Demand Planning".

3. In the new window click on the "Configuration Guide". A word document opens

4. Go to page 37 of 73 and there are step by step instructions to load data from OLTP system. Setting up LIS, deleting BW setup data, settingup statistics for old documents..

Want to dig more..... check

<a href="/people/sap.user72/blog/2004/12/16/logistic-cockpit-delta-mechanism--episode-one-v3-update-the-145serializer146 Negro's blog</a>

you can find a lot more if you search in BI forums or web blogs with "LO cockpit Extraction" or "V3 update" or "queued delta update".

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Prashanth,

In our scenario, since we do not have R/3 BIW, we pull the sales history data directly from R/3 to APO BIW and in turn to APO DP planning area. We do not face any difficulty in our scenario.

In R/3 data source need to be created within which data extraction program / function module coding to be done.

In APO, source system for R/3 to be configured in RSA1 transaction and the data source created in R/3 to be linked here.

ABAP involvement is quite extensive in doing this activity.

Regards,

Murali.J

former_member1230066
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Murali ,

Thanks for your inputs .

Could you help me giving more details , if not too cumbersome for you please give me a step by step working on linking the two systems .

In case a file you could help me send the same through email on kumprashant@gmail.com . R/3 data source with steps on data extraction program / function module coding .

Thanks anyways ,

Best Regards ,

Prashant Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Prashant,

I am not very familar with the codings involved. Your ABAP person should be able to do the same. Also, the logic would depend upon your specific requirement, how do you want to take the sales history data to APO. i.e. whether at Sales officer-Product level or physical location-Product level and hence it would involve custom coding. In our case, our ABAP person has written a "z" function module for taking the output from R/3 sales info structures in the required fashion for us. This function module to be linked to data source and extraction can be checked in R/3 through transaction RSA3.

As far as APO is concerned, I do hope R/3 already has been added as a source system to APO through transaction RSA1. If already added, right click on R/3 source system and replicate the data sources. Data source created in R/3 will appear here. Then, create Info source under the application component, link the source system, create transfer rules. Subsequently, under info provider, create update rules through the info source for the info cube to be updated. Create info package under the info source for scheduling the job to extract data from R/3 to APO. I do hope, I have provided most of the outline information for creating the linkage between R/3 and APO for data extraction and this may be of help to you.

Regards,

Murali.J