cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Info Object not available in version M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guys,

I can't create info object with attribute, once I add the attribute it displays info object is not available in version M, what do you think what is missing any step or i need to activate any business content object.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer below document to solve your issue.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/stage/Info+object+not+available+in+version+M

This will really help you.

former_member209895
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Awanish,

Reading through your question, I can understand that its the attribute which is causing the issue. Please check if the attribute you are trying to add is in active state. If not then activate it first. I hope you should be able to activate it manually, if you are able to add it as an attribute to another info object. Once active, add it as an attribute and activate the characteristic infoobject as well.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Manohar. D

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please use  RSDG_IOBJ_REORG to repair the info object

Regards,

Suman

abdullahqureshi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to activate it from RSD1 -> put info object name -> In BI Content button -> select Transfer using DWB.

Regards,

Abdullah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Awanish,

Once change your infoobject into editable mode. and activate it. Now it works fine.

and check the attribute which you are going to add is in active or not.

Hope this might help you.

Object version

Objects of the Business Information Warehouserden are run in versions to be able to edit, execute and deliver different characteristics for an object in parallel.

In particular, the following versions exist:

• 'Revised'. This version only exists for the duration of the dialog. By using the function 'save' or 'activate', the edited version is written as an 'M' or 'A' version on the database.
  • The 'M' version is the first edited and saved version of an object. This can never be executed/used, it serves solely for the componentization of editing and using an object.
  • The 'A' version is the active version. Only this version can be executed or used by other objects.
  • The 'D' version is the version delivered by SAP. By running a D version (that in practice has the character of a suggestion, of a template) , SAP can deliver objects independently of the version that is active for the customers.

Dependencies

The following operations bring about a transfer of versions:

• Using the function 'Save', the object currently being revised in the dialog is saved in the 'M' version.
  • Using 'Activate', the saved 'M' version of the object is updated as an 'A' version, meaning as an active version.
  • Using the function 'Transfer SAP version', the 'D' version delivered by SAP is transferred into the 'M' version, from where it can subsequently be made the active version by being activated.
RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if info object in in modfied version then you can activate by using ane one of the above replys. will be useful.

Thanks

anshu_lilhori
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

Activate that infoobject again--Use Tcode RSD1.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

AL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Goto SE38 -  RSDG_IOBJ_ACTIVATE - Enter infoobject name  manually  and select CHAR and execute