cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DP & SNP Planning Book Not Matching (Rounding Issue)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SCM Gurus,

I am new to APO and here is a very simple issue I am facing:

The value of Forecast Key Figure in DP planning book and SNP planning book has a very minor differnce, eg. its 102697 litres in DP PB and its 102690 Litres in SNP PB for a particular week. I know it is due to rounding off, but my query is that -

if the same forecast value is moved from DP to SNP why/where should there be a difference. Is there a way/place in the system to show this differnce, so that I can know where exactly this difference is coming from even if it is from rounding off.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, You must know the technical periods by which data is really saved in liveCache. I think you can first have a look at SAP note 737230 then SAP note 410680 which explains technical periods and disaggregation logic.

Then you need to notice the data you release to SNP. If you do not use any period split, I think the data should be the same in DP and SNP. Period splitting always causes rounding effect.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikash,

As Diana already replied to you this issue is related to transfer of Data from DP to SNP.

You need to check in which format Data is being populated in DP(week,month or days).

Similarly if you transport week data of DP to week in SNP it will definitely matched correctly.

But if you populate data from week DP to days in SNP then it will give some difference after addition of data same will might be the case with you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yadav,

Mismatch will happen between DP and SNP because data available in DP is monthly and we will release to SNP weekly.

One example is,

DP data     2000

SNP data  (18 th week-19 th week) 20 th 21 st  22nd     23 rd  

210                                400     400     500     500

In 18 th week some of apr month data available,may be 23 rd week also June data available

we can say this is the difference in DP and SNP .

I hope this case will help you.

Thanks,

Naga.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikash,

Issue may be because of the way the KF's are getting copied to SNP. How the values are entered in your DP planning book is it at weekly level or monthly level. We had a similar situation wherein the forecast values were getting populated at weekly level and aggregated ata monthly level and the copy from DP to SNP happened at monthly level. When we were seeing the data in weekly view in SNP the values were different as the disaggregation has happened differently.

So Can you please check how the value gets copied and how the disaggregation is happening.

One more issue may be the disaggregation logic being used in DP planning book for forecast KF.

Thanks,

Diana