cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to modify IDT universe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am not able to modify existing IDT universe which was created by someone else in different enviornment. Can someone suggest me how to modify/rename same  universe ?

Greatly apprieciate quick response.

Thanks,

Ruchita

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchita,

Are you trying to modify Business Layer name using the below option?

Hope you are following the steps/workflow as below to try and change the universe name? If yes what step are you facing the issue?

Connect to the environment where universe created by others is located.

Create New project or select an existing project in IDT and Right Click>retrieve a Published universe>from Repository

Once the import is successful>Double click on Business Layer

Update the name as per the screenshot above and save the business layer locally

Disconnect from other environment and Connect to the Environment you wish to Publish

Publish it back to repository using Right Click on Business Layer>Publish >To A repository.

Thanks

Mallik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Malik,

Universe was created in different A1 development enviornment by someone else. When developer migrated in B2 development landpscape, other user is unable to modify Business Layer name.

We don't want go back in A1 enviorment.

Any further suggestion to resolve the issue?

Thanks,

Ruchita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchita,

What is your BO server versions of A1 and B2 environments, Does the user have similar rights of IDT in both environments?

Did You follow the above work flow steps of importing universe from B1 to a new local project and try to modify the universe name? was it throwing any error or does the name not get saved without errors?

Also, Check if the universe is locked by other users?

Thanks

Mallik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Malik,

A1 and B2 BO server are different. User don't have access for A1 environment. A1 environment is only for other team who created universe. They  migrated in B2 environment(development) which others user have option to create new Universe and/or modify however we are unable to modify univeres name/business layer right now.

I followed above the steps you mention however when I tried to change Business Layer name , does n't change without any error.

Thanks,

Ruchita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchita,

Also go through the below Note and links to see if any of them is close to your issue and to see if the steps discussed in these help.

1615457 - Information Design Tool: Business layer name is replaced with universe name when retrieving a published universe

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3344954

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3173433

http://scn.sap.com/thread/2052009

Thanks

Mallik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Malik,

A1 and B2 BO server are different. We have anothe team who created universe in A1. B2 landscape (developer) have different access from another team. B2 (development) team have access to Modify/create new universe.

I followed about steps however when I changed business layer name in local project, it didn't change without any error.

Universe was not locked by user. I retrieved in local project and tried to change business layer name however didn't work.

Thanks,

Ruchita

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is BO version of B2 environment? When you say migrate is it between same versions of BO using promotion management or from lower version(A1) to higher(B2) using upgrade management tool? Is there any conversion of unv to Unx involved with this universe?

Thanks

Mallik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchita,

Try Right click on the Business Layer from your local project and use Rename option and edit the name the local project window, it would throw an error message of this sort. Double click the business layer to re-open it with updated name (verify in the name section and business layer window on left)

The file '/abc%20new%20copy%20Universe/retrieval-2013-06-22-15-20-14/abc.dfx' is secured.

You must authenticate to edit it.

You can then publish the universe to repository after checking for any integrity issues.

Thanks

Mallik

Answers (0)