Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availability check in Sales order – remove confirmation message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

The situation:

When I create a sales order, the availability check is carried out and the system returns non-availability for the quantity needed. This event triggers a new window/message, which shows the confirmed quantity for the item/schedule line. (see screenshot below)

screenshot.jpg

The question:
Is it possible to NOT having this window/message displayed when performing an availability check on sales order?

Is there a standard solution for this?

If not, would it be possible/viable to develop such solution by using availability check user exits? (it sounds like a deep change to be made)

Thanks in advance!

Fernando Demitroff.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fernando,

This behavior is controlled using configuration transactionn OVZJ.  

Best Regards,

DB49.

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,'

As Suggested by DB49 you can check the relevant settings in the T.code- OVZJ by selecting Avail.check rule options.

Shiva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dogboy,

I think this setting would help me, but I forgot to mention: my requirement is to disable that message for a specific Sales Order type.

On OVZJ, it's only possible by Sales Area.

Would be possible to do it by Sales doc type?

Best regards!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fernando,

Would be possible to do it by Sales doc type?

Not in Standard; this would require an enhancement.

Before you embark upon this path, ask yourself:  Is there REALLY a genuine business requirement to make this change relevant only to sales docs?

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dogboy

The requirement asks that this message should not appear for a specific Sales document.

Is other words, for a specific sales order the availability check must be carried out, but the confirmation message must not be appear.

So if there is any setting to be made for Sales doc type / Item category / Schedule line, in order to "not show" this confirmation message (and isolating the rule for a specific sales order type), it would be useful for this case.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fernando,

As I stated before, I believe that this specific solution requires an enhancement; it is not available in standard.  Spec it out and hand it off to your developers.

Best Regards,

DB49

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Adding to Noel's answer, I just found that flag for force_dia should be blank and resflg should be set to X in exit-002

ATPCSX-FORCE_DIA = abap_false.

ATPCSX-RESFLG = abap_true.

former_member223981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As per the other responses, the call of the screen is dependent on the sales area in OVZJ.

The screen is called here:

SAPLATP4 FORM DIALOGUE_EXECUTE (Include LATP4FD5)

*--> No resultflag or resultflag and dialogue is forced.

IF ( atpcsx-resflg IS INITIAL OR

( NOT atpcsx-resflg IS INITIAL AND

NOT atpcsx-force_dia IS INITIAL ) ).

*--> If dialogue is forced, or not fully, or not in time commited

IF NOT atpcsx-force_dia IS INITIAL     OR

mdvex-mng01          NE mdvex-mng02.

PERFORM dialogue_display. <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

else.

So if atpcsx-force_dia is set to X, the system will attempt to display the screen.

You could potentially use exits EXIT_SAPLATPC_001 or EXIT_SAPLATPC_002 to set this flag based on your own custom logic.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fernando,

There are couple of ways through which availability check is driven:

Go to VOV6 and look for your Schedule Line category and Uncheck the check box - "Availability" under the "Transaction Flow" section. - THis will prevent the Availability Check to happen.

Please check your "OVZG" settings and try to Uncheck the "Availability" under the "requirement" section. This setting takes the priority over the ealier.

Also Remove the Availabliluyt Check option given to the material at material master level. - Sales: General/Plant Tab --> General Data Section ---> Availability Check --> OPtion KP.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Raj K,

I've checked those possibilities, but these would prevent the availability check to happen.

What I need is having the availability check active, but without showing that confirmation message in VA01/VA02.

Best regards