cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing PO number at Invoice Level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i was wondering if we can change the PO number appearing on the physical invoice in VF02? so basically to have 1 PO number at order level in VA02 and then ammend it at Invoice Heder Leven without affecting the PO number at Order level.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

PO number is not stored in the invoice. In VF03 it is just read from the sales document. If you change it in the sales document then you should also see it updated in VF03 (will need to leave the transaction and go back in, of course). So it's not feasible to change PO in the invoice. To my knowledge, text is pretty much the only changeable item in the invoice and for a good reason.

former_member216388
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Abhirai could you describe your scenario please as to why the change in PO num in invoice.

Regards

Madan Shetty

Former Member
0 Kudos

its basically a cosmetic to the hardcopy of the invoice without affecting the PO number at SO level.

This is due to orders booked with multiple PO or invoicing analyst not suppose to go in and change the details entered at Order level by booking team as this will affect their reports.

I know they each fieil on the Invoice have a Text that can override the Text that the invoice is driving from the actual order in VA02.

same like you can change description of a line by simply putting the following:

<DRAFT INVOICE LINE NUMBER>:<1>;

<INVOICE DESCRIPTION>:<XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX>;

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhirai,

Please check the copy control settings at header level and look for the fields "Assignment Number" and "Reference number" which has options to bring in numbers apart from PO number.

Please let me know for any further info.

Regards