cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to create join using SAP Queries in IDT

former_member182541
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When we try to join SAP Queries to generate Business Layer in Information Design Tool, we are getting the above info.

Connection Type : Relational connection... Please suggest...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Suman,

In addition to what Mallikarjuna has asked, please also post your exact Business Objects version along with the SAP (ERP, if used) version?

Regards,

Madhumitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Madhumitha,

The version is BO 4.0 SP06

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Just,

What is the version of the ECC system? Could you please check the supported platform guide if the version of ECC and BO are on the required levels?

Regards,

Madhumitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Justin,

Single source Data foundation on top of ERP does not support joins or calculated columns. I suggest you to create multi-source data foundation to insert joins.

Regards,

Madhumitha

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

Can you please give some more details as to what is the middle ware/driver you are using in connections ? what you are connecting the relational connections to?(MP/IC/DSO) and whether you are using multi source or single source ? and what is that you are trying to create a join between (Tables? or ?)

Thanks

Mallik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mallik,

This is Justin (Suman's Friend).

Our source is ECC R3 system. I have created SAP Queries in ECC and trying to bring in to IDT. am using relation connection --> SAP R/3 Release 4 --> SAP Java Connector (SAP JCo). It is a single source and trying to create join between SAP queries which I have brought inside IDT. It is showing the connection does not support joins. I am looking for alternative solutions to achieve. Please advice.

Thanks,

Justin