cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery split done by batch number

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I'm facing a situation that I have to split deliveries by batch number. The batch determination will happen during delivery creation. Thus I can't use the copy routine for this. Is there a way to split the delivery after the batch determination has taken place, for example by using User-Exit MV50AFZ1?

Thank you!

Frank

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

Check if SAP Note 945088 - Delivery split after batch split: req qty/planned picking is relevant in your system.

Regards

Eduardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eduardo,

Thank you for your response, unfortunately the Note is describing the delivery split function at the time of the wm-confirmation.

In my situation I already know that the delivery has to be splitted during delivery creation, due to different batch positions and I need to split the delivery before we send it to our decentral warehouse.

Any idea?

Thanks,

Frank

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Delivery can be splitted through copy control. Once you by passed the copy control then how system can split delivery? One idea is to discuss with ABAPER if he could help you to put some logic on delivery save user exit that system should save one delivery for every batch. This is just an idea but I think this is going to be tough for ABAPER.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

that's is exatly why I'm asking the question in this forum. I hoped that someone has faced the same situation and found a solution for it.

The task to create an additional delivery out of User-Exit MV50AFZ1 for example would be a challenging one, I think. But maybe I'm wrong and it could easily be done.

Thanks,

Frank

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

You can develop your own routine and keep this in Delivery Type Level in the Field " Item Requirement " in OVLK ( not zero VLK ) .

Thanks,

Naren

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

As Naren and Moazzam told you, try with a customer VOFM routine in copy rules. The idea is populate the field ZUKRL in table LIKP with the batch (check in debugging that KOMP-CHARG is populated). See SAP Note 166397 - Delivery split according to customer field ZUKRL. An additional comment. ZUKRL is a char 40, so don't concatenate more than 40 characters.

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

An ABAPER can comment on this. I cant say anything. Please discuss this with any ABAPER.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your help.

I summarize what you suggested:

1. Using copy routines (VOFM) - Unfortunately the copy routines are executed before the batch determination takes place.

2. Using custom code implemented in delivery creation process - This would be a very complex ABAP coding.

It looks like the effort we have to spend to implement a stable solution 2 isn't worth it and we have to re-think other solutions.

Is there a way to implement a batch determination including batch splits in sales order creation? If this would be possible, we could switch to solution one and fill field ZUKRL with batch information determined during order creation.

Thanks,

Frank

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

1. Using copy routines (VOFM) - Unfortunately the copy routines are executed before the batch determination takes place.

The relation b/w Sales Doc.Type to Delivery Doc. Type is Copying Control .First system checks the Delivery Type thru Copying control by assigned with Sales Doc Type in VTLA .Now ,Batch is coming after finding delivery type in VL01N .So,I request you to develop routine and keep this in OVLK ( not ZeroVLK ) .

2. Using custom code implemented in delivery creation process - This would be a very complex ABAP coding.

I think,its not a big task just you need take existing routine and copy it, keep your logic in it .

Is there a way to implement a batch determination including batch splits in sales order creation?

not sure but we have option to do Batch in Sales Order .Go to Menu of VA01 and Edit and click on " Batch Determination ".

If you have any doubts please let me know .

Thanks,

Naren

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes you can determine batch in sale order but unfortunately there is no batch split function there in sale order so what you need to do is to enter new line item for every batch. How many batches do you have usually in one sale order? See if it can be possible.

Thank$

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Frank

Determine batches in SO depends on functional requirements (usually it is a question related with how to work in warehouse). For instance, if you need a homogeneous batch (ceramic tiles is a case, I believe some chemical products according pH or other characteristics could be other sample...) when you do a SO I believe it is suitable. Sometimes it's possible to do more expensive the delivery (the workers need more time to handle the deliveries instead to get the first available and set the batch in this moment).

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all again for your feedback.

After a deeper investigation of batch determination in SO and taking your comments in  I unfortunately have to say that this is even not a solution.

Reason:

1. SO allows no batch split - This is exactly what we need to have

2. We have EDI orders, so it's not allowed to add additional lines for different batches

3. Batch determination in SO will reserve the stock, in our case we are working not only with SO we are also working with scheduling agreements which need to follow the same logic.

Thus I'm back in the delivery creation process. I'm thinking of deleting the additional batch position during delivery creation and afterwards start the delivery creation process again. Maybe this is an option.

Regards,

Frank

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Thus I'm back in the delivery creation process. I'm thinking of deleting the additional batch position during delivery creation and afterwards start the delivery creation process again. Maybe this is an option.

I am not getting you .....? .You .Please elaborate .

Note : Think of correction Delivery Type .

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Naren,

let me try to recap, maybe I didn't understand your answer.

1. Sales order

Sales Order 0000000001
PositionItemQuantityBatch
10Material90

2. Start delivery creation (VL01N or VL10)

3. Copy routine VTLA (VOFM) is taking place. At this time I don't have any information about the batch assigned to item 10, thus I can't manipulate LIPS-ZUKRL. Even there is only one line of LIPS so no chance to split.

4. Purchase order creation takes place and the batch determination is causing a batch split.

Delivery 0000000001
10Material
90001Material80A
90002Material10B

My goal is to have two separate Deliveries corresponding to the different batches.

Delivery 0000000001
10Material80A

Delivery 0000000002
10Material10B

What exactly do you mean by using OVLK. How should the routine look like, what should it do?

Thanks,

Frank

former_member182575
Contributor
0 Kudos

Frank,

I do not think is going to be possible without a full Z transaction development.  What you may try doing is using transaction VLSP and seeing if this will work.

Regards

Waza

Answers (0)