cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help regarding the Vendor master interface

0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am trying to build interface which will be from ECC to Thirdparty(webservice) for Vendormasterdata.I need to send multiple vendors on daily basis.

I have 3 options here

1) I have already build proxy for this (O/b)

2) IDOCS ( I have not tried at)

3)My client is suggested to use existing Proxies in http://sap.com/xi/APPL/Global2 namespace.

I have question about 3rd option.

Can i use SupplierERPNotification_Out proxy to send message to PI or i need to use SupplierERPReplicationBulkRequest_Out ?

If i use above proxy SupplierERPNotification_Out it will be useful only when vendor is created it will not work for change or deletion.

Any body has idea if i use SupplierERPReplicationBulkRequest_Out proxy it will work or not? and also i want to know how to trigger this proxy from ECC to send message to PI.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

This is a perfect case for IDoc CREMAS05 (Vendor master data) or CREMDM04 (Vendor master + Addresses) since it can be configured to trigger with change pointers for create/update and this is the standard way of sending master data to third party systems.

Hope it helps!... and sorry to disappoint you since you want to implement proxies

Ambrish

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

For me, proxies mean freedom to do what you want within the ABAP code. If you want to use existing proxies from SAP, you may not modify them and adapt them to your needs.

In that case I would go for idocs. Simple and standard integration.

Once the idoc enters the system, you have standard stuff available to process the data.

Kind regards,

Dimitri

PS: a proxy is a class (can be checked with transaction SE24), so you need to develop a function module or ABAP program to call that class. off course, do not forget to generate your proxy first using transaction SPROXY

0 Kudos

HI Dimitri,

Thanks for your reply ,this proxy is already activated in ECC , No need of any FM or ABAP program .This will trigger when vendor is created or changed based on the Business object LFA1.

But i need to some steps to trigger the message in ECC side, I am looking for help in that area.

If i use IDOC for my senario i need to collect them and i need to send them all on daily basis, I am not sure in performence point of view how worth it si?

Thanks,

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

If you go for idocs, you can collect them on the back-end side before sending them to SAP PI.

What do you mean with triggering the message on the ECC side? The incoming or outgoing?

• incoming: logic is within the provider proxy.
  • outgoing: you need to trigger the consumer proxy as I told you in an earlier post.

Kind regards,

Dimitri

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

I don't think you need to collect the IDocs. They can be sent ad-hoc through change pointers. That's how it is normally designed.

Any ways, it is your call.

Hope it helps!

Ambrish

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

i think you should go for idoc as we have standard idoc for vendor called CREMAS unless you are having customized message.

check below one

http://scn.sap.com/message/13908219

lets us wait for reply from others.

Regards,

Muniyappan.