cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to change webi document locale?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

On BO 4.0 sp5.1 environment, I need to change a webi document's locale from English to Turkish. Is it possible?

I tried changing richclient's locale settings and saving the document as on top of itself however, it was no use.

I need to change this locale due to formatting the date issues. Modifiying the preferences > web intelligence tab is not an option. I have to select "use the document locale to format the date" option there, because we have users from different nations and have to set a formatting standart to avoid any error display messages in webi reports.

Thank you in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184594
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you having problems due to Date Format in your calculations in WebI? The formula below will convert the date regardless of its locale.

=ToDate([Date];"INPUT_DATE_TIME")

To change the locale of your document. Do the following:

1. Go to Preferences in BI launch pad.

2. Click on Locales and Time Zone and change Preferred Viewing Locale to Turkish.

3. Open the WebI report in Java Reporting Panel or Modify report.

4. Click on Properties > Document

5. Check the box "Permanent regional formatting" option.

6. Save the document.

7. Exit and check the properties of the document and you will see that regional formatting has changed.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Zahid,

It worked, but not on first try and not on BI launchpad but on richclient application. I had to do the steps a couple of times to "convince" the webi report to change its locale

However, that =ToDate([Date];"INPUT_DATE_TIME") function worked like a charm.

Thanks again

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tameer,

Please try and enable below setting in Launchpad preferences, unless until you have Turkish locale  requirement for only a specific report.

Thanks

Mallik